Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday, March 19 photo

Today started out as a rough day. I have been having horrid headaches for several weeks. (In fact....I'm getting a CT scan of my sinuses tomorrow (please pray they can figure out what is causing the headaches so that they can then make them GO AWAY!)) Anyway, I woke up with yet another headache that hurt and made me not especially look forward to the day ahead of me of chasing around my insanely active 16 month old, working the extra work I needed to do to make up for the other girl I work with being on vacation, cleaning up the house that is a pit because I haven't felt well enough to do anything for a few days, and dealing with the rest of every day life that happens when you have 3 kids, a husband, a dog, and a pulse. It was a little overwhelming today in my ibuprofen-induced and sleep-deprived stupor. My amazing husband helped as much as he could before he left by bringing Carter downstairs and putting the gates back up to confine him to at least a little more manageable area (since yesterday within a 30 minute time frame, I fished a book out of the toilet, pulled dog food out of his mouth, stopped him from breaking a wine glass that he had managed to get out of the china cabinet, pulled a refrigerator magnet out of the trashcan, took away the computer cord that he was taking in and out and in and out of the wall, and removed the 5 feet of tape out of the Veggie Tales video tape that he had gotten ahold of from around his neck) After Chris left, I was still kind of bummed and my friend Kristen instant messaged me and it sounded like she was having an equally-if not more-stressful day...so we decided we would take a minivacation to pick up lunch. Our collective children would be strapped into a vehicle...we could turn a movie on for them and just drive and chat in relative peace. We were so excited. I hurried to get things done so I could enjoy my reward. When I went to pick Carter up to lay him down for a nap, he was on fire. A fever. There goes my minivacation. I'm sure Kristen would really love to expose her daughter to a boy with a fever let alone strap her in next to him 2 feet away in the vehicle of the infirm! I called Kristen not sure whether I was going to laugh or cry when telling her my story....luckily, I laughed. Fast forward a couple of hours and my phone rings. It's Kristen again. She's going to stop by and bring me a McDonald's Diet Coke! Now, I will pause and let you know how I am not at all ashamed to tell you that I am addicted to McDonald's Diet Cokes. They are one dollar and eight cents worth of pure bliss. I swear McDonald's must somehow brew them with crack. Just like that, my day was instantly better!

So, today's picture is to remind me that my life is pretty darn good and I have an amazing husband and amazing friends....who feed my diet coke addictions....and really, aren't those the best kind?!

1 comment:

Mike & Biz said...

I wish I was there to take the kids off your hands for you! Unbelievable that you've put a whole baby shower together this week while you feel so bad. I love you!!