Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Friday, March 20, 2009

SPRING IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!! and Emma needs Rogaine

Spring is here......I'm praying that means no more sickness in the Day house!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my CT of my sinuses this morning. The good news is that it was normal. The bad news is that I still am having horrible headaches that will NOT go away and I'm a little worried about what really is causing them! The doctor prescribed me prednisone to take twice a day for 5 days. Hopefully that will get rid of them!

Emma & Carter and I got to have an unexpected lunch with Daddy today as well as his friends and fellow Edward Jones advisors, Tim & Dean and Dean's wife Jan. We just love them and while Chris sees them a lot, I hadn't gotten to see them in quite a while.

After lunch, we came home and gave Carter a nap. Chris came home and installed our new TV that my mom's friend gave us. (gotta love free appliances!!!) Our friends the Arnett's came over for dinner and Wii-ing. We also got an unexpected visitor in (one of) our favorite cousins Abby!!!!! Carter was super excited to see her!

I don't think I've mentioned on this blog about Emma's bald spot. A few weeks ago, before Build A Bear, I was fixing Emma's hair and noticed she had a huge bald spot. I showed it to my mom that day and she insisted it was just the way her hair was parted. I wasn't convinced so I kept asking Emma if she had cut her hair and was afraid to tell me. I kept telling her she wouldn't be in trouble and just to tell me. She promised she didn't. So, for about 3 or 4 days I was starting to worry that she had something wrong with her and she was losing patches of hair. Well, finally a few days later, she and I were in her room getting her ready for school when I noticed a huge clump of hair with a big tangle in the middle. I asked her where it came from and she said she had found it on her pillow when she woke up. The lights went on....I figured it out. She sucks her thumb still and when she does...she almost always twists her hair. Many nights, I have gone in to check on her before bed and found her finger stuck in her hair and I had to pry it out. Evidently, she got her finger stuck in her hair at night and, without waking up, pulled it out along with all the hair it was attached to. Two days later, I found another clump. So, we started putting the nasty tasting stuff on her thumb to try to discourage the thumb sucking since she won't twist her hair without sucking her thumb. Add this to the list of challenges I never thought I'd ever have to worry about when I decided to have children!!!!!
Here is a shot of the bald spot!!!

I've been parting her hair on the opposite side and clipping it up with a barette and thus creating sort of a comb-over effect. Its working but it effectively destroyed her adorable little hair cut that she had gotten. How long do you suppose this will take to grow back in? Years? *sigh*

1 comment:

The Saunders Family said...

well, I will have to make sure Maria doesn't start this too! She loves to suck her thumb. Have you tried having her wear some kind of stocking hat, don't kow if it would stay on or not? My mom used to have a pair of panythose that she had cut off the legs and tied the ends together, I wore it when she french braided my hair so it wouldn't get all frizzy while I slept. Just a thought...hope the hair grows back quickly!