Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday, March 23: Spring Break, Day 1

Spring Break isn't a vacation in this house. No sir. It is certainly no time to be lazy, people.....its time to get these kids trained. I'm not a chef and I'm not a waitress and so therefore, here are the girls fixing their own breakfast for a change.

Here is their extremely healthy and well balanced breakfast of doughnuts, chocolate chip waffles, and blueberry muffin tops. They are chocolate (bean=vegetable), vanilla (also a bean=vegetable but in a pinch, also counts as milk!), and sprinkles (colorful=fruit!) They are also mixed up with water and who doesn't argue the benefits of water?!!
A closer look of their masterpiece (yes, there were actually holes in them but the holes are plugged with sprinkles!)
Here is Morgan showing off her blueberry muffin (*gasp* real dehydrated fruit!!!!)

And Emma with her chocolate chip waffle complete with maple syrup. Yes, that's right. The large gellatinous brown blob of goo is supposed to be maple syrup! Real imitation maple syrup that is. (really, how can they put "real" and "imitation" side by side???? That's like saying I have a real imitation wad of money in my pocket)

2 comments:

The Saunders Family said...

i loved my easy bake oven, only they had cake/brownie mixes and that was about it.
oh, and just in case you didn't know that you can actually make your own mixes, so you don't have to buy the expensive ones they sell...here is a link to a site
http://www.budget101.com/kids.htm
http://www.kitchencraftsnmore.net/recipe081.html
you can probably google and find more too!
Have fun over break...I am nesting like crazy, painting, etc. while I still have the energy.

Tia said...

What a good, nutritious, breakfast. For lunch today, Ellie had french fries (vegetable) and a chocolate chip cookie (vegetable and dairy). Yep. Rocking the nutrition here too!