This morning, I braved the doctor's office alone with 3 kids. (Which calls my sanity into question, but I digress...) Morgan needed a follow up on an ear infection that she had back in early January because she still couldn't hear very well. Emma needed a follow up on an ear infection as well as tonsilitis because she was still having ear pain and still clearing her throat incessantly. Carter needed a follow up on an ear infection just because he'd had so many ear infections that won't go away and we didn't want to end up having to do shots and end up throwing up in the hospital on an IV agian. (did I mention its been a long winter?!)
Anyway, first up to bat was Morgan. She still has a bunch of fluid and a lot of negative pressure in her ears. So, the first step is to get that cleared out with an antibiotic and daily nose sprays (which she's super excited about!) If it doesn't clear up in a month, she will get referred to the ENT for tubes. (please pray that clears up!)
Next up was Emma. Also, has a yucky ear infection in her left ear and her tonsils are still huge which seems to be making it difficult for her to breath and she is constantly breathing out of her mouth. She needs her tonsils taken out and an antibiotic for the ears.
Last up was Carter. He is still has one day of antibiotics left to take for his ear infection. It is still not cleared up. Put him on 10 MORE days of the same antibiotic (which also causes horrendous bright red diarrhea....score!) and he needs to get tubes.
So, I walked out of the doctors office with a referral for Emma & Carter to go to the ENT on April 1, 3 bottles of antibiotics, and with about $400 less than I walked in with.
To say I am freaking out would be an understatement.
Not how I expected my morning to go
-
So this morning I had to get up early for a doctors appointment but instead
of my alarm I woke up to an incredibly loud IMMINENT THREAT flood warning
and s...

2 comments:
sigh! sorry to see you are dealing with this still! praying that they all recover and no more meds or procedures are needed!
you're poor children!!!! maybe if they go through it now they won't have to when they're older though!
Post a Comment