I used to have these neighbors that had, like, a million animals in their house and their house smelled like animal urine all of the time. It was so bad that sometimes if they opened their windows and the wind was blowing in the right direction, I could smell it at my house! This morning, my house smelled that way! I don't think I've remembered to mention it on here yet, but my once incredibly low maintenance dog now has diabetes. He just turned 9 and he had started peeing in the house all of the time, so I took him to the vet because that was so unlike him. Turns out, he has diabetes and I have to give him insulin shots twice a day. And we had to start boarding him when we leave, no more having my mom just let him out a few times while we're gone since I highly doubt she wants to give him shots! Anyway, apparently while we were at the zoo yesterday (more on that in a minute) he had several accidents in the playroom. UGH. I'm having a party tonight and my house smells like Diabetic Dan the Dog. Lovely. So, the house is now all opened up and is already HOT in here. I will rent a carpet shampooer thing in a few hours and hopefully that will help. Otherwise, there will be LOTS of candles tonight! Here is a picture of my very cute and very HIGH MAINTENANCE dog, Bingo, playing with Morgan in less incontinent times.

On to happier things......the ZOO! Back in early June, we went to the zoo with our friends Clay and Carey Arnett (picture? ok! Here is us in Las Vegas!!)
Anyway, we had all gotten Zoo memberships while we were there because we did the math and realized it would pay for itself in 2 visits....so, Carey and I decided we'd take the kids yesterday by ourselves. It was fun and was HOT! The kids actually did really well. We all piled in our van (which was a little tight in the back for Hayden, Emma & Morgan) Here are 4 of the 5 kids (missing Carter) looking at the seals.....
and Carter was there too, but happily viewing from his deluxe viewing accommodations....

We had a fun time, saw the dolphin show (which Morgan & Emma LOVE and try to re-enact in their kiddie pool) had a few snacks and played in the splash park. We were all pretty tired when we got home, but everyone was really good!
No comments:
Post a Comment