Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Friday, July 18, 2008

Day in the life

I've wanted to do a "Day in the Life" in my journal for a long time so now is as good of a time as any...although today won't actually be a "typical" day since we're meeting Chris at WW and for lunch.

7am- Chris gets up to get ready for work
7:36- Phone rings, doctor's office from yesterday can't find super bill, can I fax my copy? Molly says "sure, it will be a while"
7:37- Molly lays back down
7:45- Chris leaves for work
7:46- Emma hears Chris leave, comes in to see if I'm awake, I pretend to be asleep so she'll go back to bed....my evil plan works!
7:50- Carter starts talking
7:52- After listening to Carter talk for a while, I decide to get up and get ready. Put in contacts, brush teeth, etc.
7:55- Get Carter up, go downstairs, sit him down, he cries, luckily Chris is still here so Chris picks him up.
8:00- Change Carter's diaper
8:05- Carter takes a bottle and Chris leaves
8:10- phone rings again, this time its the vet telling me Bingo needs to come back in to have blood drawn since he's been peeing all over the floor again (see smelly house post)
8:11- Smell something awful while on phone
8:12- Change Carter's diaper
8:13- Attempt to check email
8:13- Carter does not want me to check said email
8:13- Turn on Baby Einstein for Carter so I can check email
8:14- Sit down to check email
8:14- Hear the sound of CDs falling out of CD rack
8:14- Remove Carter from the CD rack, move him back to toys
8:15- sit down to check email
8:15- Computer freezes up
8:16- Reboot computer
8:20- Morgan appears
8:20:01- Morgan asks for breakfast
8:21- Fix Morgan breakfast (pancakes with butter)
8:25- Computer is done rebooting, FINALLY check email....there is none
8:30- get down on floor to talk to Carter, get poked in the eye
8:45- smell something gross
8:45:01- Change Carter's diaper again
8:46- decide to lay him down for his morning nap early because we're meeting Chris around 11 and I don't want to have to wake him up
8:47- tip toe past Emma's room so as to not wake her up
8:47:30- Emma appears
8:47:31- Emma asks for breakfast
8:48- Fix Emma breakfast (Waffles, because Morgan ate the last of the pancakes)
8:48:01- Emma cries because she wants what Morgan is having, I explain Morgan ate the last of the pancakes, Emma says she wants pancakes too, I tell her I'll get more at the store, that seems to pacify her, but she still doesn't want waffles. I calmly explain that I have fixed her breakfast and unless she wants to fix herself something to eat, she'll be having waffles.
8:49- Emma pouts
8:50- Emma finally decides to force herself to eat the horrible awful terrible waffles that her mean uncaring mother has thoughtlessly forced upon her
8:51- Emma remembers that she LOVES these waffles, all is well in Emma's world
9:00- For a moment, everything is calm. Emma is eating, Morgan is watching The Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Carter is sleeping, Mommy gets to watch So You Think You Can Dance from 2 nights ago since she hasn't watched it yet even though the results show has already been on and she's carefully avoiding internet stories telling her who got voted off since she hasn't even seen the performances yet. Do a little more on the computer, email, Facebook, Weight Watchers.
9:40- Emma tells me her fingers are hot for the 3rd time, finally figure out its because Grandma painted her finger nails last night and used "hot pink" fingernail polish and Emma thinks it makes her fingers hot. We call Grandma to let her explain to Emma that the hot pink doesn't actually make her fingers hot, it just makes them LOOK hot. Grandma gets a good laugh.
10:10- Carter wakes up. Mommy quickly watches the rest of SYTYCD on fastforward until Carter's talking becomes agitated.
10:14- Get Carter out of bed. He wakes up so well, soooo happy. I love going in to get him, he smiles and laughs and coos.
10:20- Come back downstairs to find that my TV has been changed to Barney (uggg) decide that's fine, I don't need to watch more TV since I need to get 3 kids and myself ready to leave here around 11:30 to meet Chris for lunch and Weigh-In
10:25- Instead decide to start this post which turns out to be time consuming!
10:46- Decide I should really stop typing here and go get 3 kids and myself ready to leave!
10:47- Get food for Carter, feed him, its bananas (his favorite) so he scarfs it down fast
10:49- Leave puffs and sippy cup for Carter and turn on Baby Einstein
10:50- Go upstairs, pick out clothes for the girls, throw them downstairs and tell them to get dressed while I get myself dressed.
10:50:01- Argue with each girl over what I've picked out and promise them that they can pick whatever they want tomorrow, but for today, please just put on what I picked out
10:55- I'm dressed and ready to go, just need to do hair and make up, look downstairs to make sure girls are getting dressed, hear screams
10:55:30- Yell down at girls to stop yelling at each other
10:55:31- Realize irony of yelling at girls to stop yelling
10:55:32- See their clothes still sitting on stairs where I threw them
10:55:33- Yell again to tell them to put their clothes on
11:00- Finish getting myself ready, pick out something for Carter, realize Carter's room is a mess with clothes but don't have time to pick it up now
11:01- Come downstairs to get Carter ready, step over clothes laying out for girls on stairs. Yell AGAIN and threaten the classic threat (if you don't have your clothes on when its time to go, I'm leaving without you)
11:01:01- wonder if they think I'd really ever leave them
11:02- Get Carter ready, pack up his food, get extra diapers, check diaper bag, fix a bottle to take along, make sure I have Chris' and my Weight Watchers things, realize I have no bib for Carter, run upstairs to get a bib for Carter, see messy room again, realize girls' hair isn't done
11:02- While upstairs, yell down for girls to come upstairs so I can fix their hair, argue with them over how to do their hair, allow them to decide since it isn't that big of a deal
11:10- We're all finally ready to leave, 10 minutes later than I had planned, but thankfully Chris hasn't called yet.
11:11- Get to watch a little more SYTYCD!
11:12- All is relatively quiet, no arguing kids, Carter is happy, I am thankful
11:30- Chris comes home! Pleasant surprise!
11:40- We leave and go to Weight Watchers....we both lose...I lose more...so I win!
12:00- Eat at Carlos O'Kellys....Morgan gets Cheese Quesadilla, Emma gets macaroni and cheese, Carter eats baby food (2 #2 jars)
1:00- Get home, take sleeping Carter upstairs to his bed
1:10- Girls want to go out to pool, Chris and I go with them just for fun, have fun splashing..its hot!
1:30- Phone rings, this time its cousin Rachel needing directions to my mom's house where she will store her bed for cousin Abby to have in a couple of weeks! Have a fun chat with Rachel
2:30- Carter wakes up
2:45- Carter has a bottle/Change Carter's diaper
3:00- Girls are playing with Daddy before he has to leave for band
3:15- Daddy is playing on the laptop before he has to leave for band
3:30- Carter starts getting a little fussy, not sure why, decide to feed him more bottle!
4:00- Chris leaves
4:30- Phone rings, its my good friend Julie, talk to her while Carter gets progressively more fussy
4:35- realize girls are really quiet, find them playing very nicely in their room, however, their room is now a disaster!
4:40- Change Carter's diaper/lay him down for a short nap
6:00- wake Carter up from nap because we're hungry and I promised the girls I'd take them to McDonalds
6:15- get home from McDonald's and eat dinner. Start taking care of eBay stuff that is selling
6:30- girls ask to go play with Carly (next door), they go play, Carter eats dinner (2 #2 foods)
7:00- girls AND Carly and Carly's 2 friends all come over here to play on trampoline
7:15- Carly's little brother Wilson and his friend show up, let them in, they go back to trampoline
7:30- Carter getting ready for bed
7:45- Kids playing with girls all come in the house....they're all such cute kids! 3 of them are 6th graders and the other 2 are 4th graders...one of them just spent 3 weeks unconscious at Riley and came home the Thursday the 3rd! Amazing!
8:00- put Carter's jammies on/change diaper yet again while all the kids play with him...he LOVES it!
8:30- Put Carter to bed
8:40- Girls want to watch High School Musical 2 and have popcorn, we have no popcorn but I let them watch the movie
8:45- Finally have some quiet time
8:46- Emma comes in and wants to sit with me, I would let her but all she wants to do is whine, she says she is thirsty, I tell her to get water, she's afraid it will spill on her, I tell her it won't, she can get it out the refrigerator door, she whines more, I tell her I'll get it but not until I get up, she decides she'll sit right beside me and wait until I'm done...while staring at me.
9:00- Watch a little TV, put girls to bed by 9:30, since Chris won't be home until really late (he is at a band contest.....which I HATE when he's gone ALL. NIGHT. LONG), I think I'll go to bed a little early too.

I'm sure I missed some things, but that is the general idea. Lots of diaper changes, lots of crazy kids, lots of soothing boo-boos and breaking up arguments..........I wouldn't trade it for anything!

1 comment:

The Schnicks said...

Oh my goodness...I think it took you the whole day just to type this! :) You had me giggling because I could so relate! Hope all is well!