Last weekend, we went to Chicago for Chris' Regional Meetings. We go somewhere every summer in June...we've been to St. Louis, Cincinnati, Opryland, Sawmill Creek, and lots of other cool places. Anyway, we actually stayed in Oak Brook, IL which is 20 miles outside of Chicago. I really wanted to take the girls to the American Girl store, Sears Tower, Shedd Aquarium, etc. etc. but the Taste of Chicago was going on and I guess there were literally millions of people and it was impossible to get around. Anyway, we spent some time at the resort pool, had some great dinners, went to the Brookfield Zoo, had some DELICIOUS Chicago-style pizza, and had a really nice awards banquet where Chris won an award!!!! Here are some pictures....

Carter hanging out in the really comfy bed....

At the Brookfield Zoo....

Another one at the zoo (Chris is the one in the green...ha)

Chris winning his award with our St. Louis host Phil Leathers
Next year is in Indianapolis. Kind of a bummer to have it so close and not go somewhere really cool, but I'm sure it will still be fun just to get away. The kids only care that the place we stay has a pool and Carter will be 18 months old by then so I'm sure he'll love it!
1 comment:
Molly....you ahve been tagged for a meme, go to my blog Monday for details
jessica
Post a Comment