I have been slacking in the last few days! Life has been nutty! (fun, but nutty!)
I've started my allergy shots. Nothing too exciting there. Carter enjoys playing with the waiting room toys while we wait my 20 minutes before I can leave. I didn't notice anything the first time, today all I noticed is my throat got a little swollen which is kind of scary. Guess that is why they have you wait 20 minutes!
Thursday morning, Chris and I took Emma & Carter with us to Indianapolis for my LASIK consult at TLC Eye Center. All went well and I'm a perfect candidate for LASIK! YAY! My surgery is scheduled for January 2 at 10:30 am (one hour after my friend Caryn Musselman has hers!) I am SOOO excited and wish I could do it yesterday but have to wait for the good old health care savings account to kick in in January! Thursday night was Dazzle and Morgan's School Open House. It was really cute. Her teacher had them put up tons of things all around the classroom and Morgan had a great time showing us all around the whole school.
Friday, Carter and I ran some errands and attempted to clean the house a little while Morgan & Emma were at school.
Saturday, we went to the Ball State Homecoming parade and sat at Abby's house to watch. The girls loved it and Carter seemed to really enjoy seeing everything as well. (He got really excited about the dogs and the horses) Bridgette Webster (Abby's friend and another one of our babysitters) was there too and the kids love her! Afterwards, we had a fancy brunch at McDonald's with the Chamberlains (Amy, Jason, Eli & Liz) and then headed over to the game. The weather was gorgeous but when we first sat down (on the lawn) we were SWELTERING! The sun was beating down on us....a well timed cloud came by which made it nice then until about the 2nd quarter. Carter, who hadn't had a nap yet, finally zonked out with a bottle and slept for about 30 minutes in my arms. We sat with the Sieberts (Ryan, Erin, Olivia, and Britton....Ryan and Chris roomed together at BSU and went to HS together) and the Arnetts. The kids ran around and played. Morgan was being quite the little social butterfly going all around to all her friends from school. Her best friend these days is still Brittany (and I learned Saturday that her last name is Baize) She is the same little girl whose picture is with Morgan & Emma on the cheerleading clinic post. After halftime, we decided Carter had had enough so we headed home. We had a super fancy Taco Bell dinner (almost as fancy as our brunch!) and then hung out and relaxed. We also went to the park for a walk and a play on the playground.
Sunday, we went to church and continued in trying out High Street church. We tried the contemporary service this time but didn't really care for it. Too bad too because it doesn't meet until 11am! Oh well. The rest of the day was spent trying to be productive putting away summery clothes, getting rid of too small clothes, and getting out and putting away wintery clothes! Oh what fun!
So far today, Carter and I have gone yet again for my allergy shot where we ran into my friend Elizabeth. We're going to walk over to Morgan's school's playground at 3:15 and meet Elizabeth and her son Jacob (who is in Emma's preschool class and whom Emma just LOVES) to play for a bit before Daddy gets home. Coming up this week is piano lessons tomorrow (Morgan's doing well!!! although its creating a lot of extra stress for Mommy and Daddy to get her to practice and teach her the songs....I don't know what people are doing who don't know any music...but it will be worth it!) Wednesday is Emma's preschool and a catch up day and then Thursday will be my Dad's second (and hopefully last) round of stents! He will stay over night at least Thursday night, and then assuming all is well, come home on Friday. Chris will hang out here with the kids.
Pictures to come.........
Not how I expected my morning to go
-
So this morning I had to get up early for a doctors appointment but instead
of my alarm I woke up to an incredibly loud IMMINENT THREAT flood warning
and s...

1 comment:
Molly,
don't know if you knew , but my hubby is a UM pastor and he said that High Street would probably be a church that wouldn't do contemporary really well since it is such an older/traditional congregation, but he did suggest Union Chapel, although it is huge, probably the second largest in Indiana. It should have several services, and definately one contemporary. SO it is worth a visit if you haven't already.
Post a Comment