So, it took a little longer than I thought it would....and it required some assistance, but tooth #3 is out! It got extra loose yesterday morning and therefore Morgan wouldn't eat or drink anything and she wouldn't talk or if she did, she would talk without moving her lips so it wouldn't bump her tooth. Last night, I kind of just let her be and didn't try to force her to eat or talk and I didn't bother her about letting me look at it or anything. Well, today when she got home from school and admitted she hadn't eaten lunch at school which meant she had not had one bite to eat since Sunday night, I looked at her lips and they were dry and cracked telling me she was getting dehydrated. I told a small fib and told her that I had called Dr. Hughes (her pediatrician) and that he said not eating any food could make her very sick so he said she had 3 choices. She could pull it out herself, let Mommy pull it out, or go see him and let him pull it out. Well, she threw a royal fit....I told her she had 5 minutes to decide. Of course, she didn't want any of the 3 choices, but as I started to take it out, she decided she wanted to try. She, of course, wouldn't try and each time I tried to get her to open her mouth she would go ballistic and try to get away from me. I had to threaten to sit on her legs to keep her from flailing about. Finally, we went to the bathroom and I talked her into letting me just see it. I put a tissue into her mouth to try to grab the tooth and the TISSUE knocked it out. My finger didn't even touch it! That is how loose it was!!!!! 30 seconds later, she was asking for food! She ate a bowl of macaroni and cheese with hot dogs, then a milkshake that was promised for getting the tooth out, then 6 chicken nuggets, then a cookie! Along with about 4 or 5 cups of flavored water!
Tonight was Morgan's first official piano lesson. We go to Ball State where Dr. Lori Rhoden teaches a group class of 9 kids who are 6-8 years old. Every 2 kids has a "special friend" teacher who is a grad student in piano pedagogy. That teacher gives them individual help. The parents are supposed to stay to learn what they're learning so we know what to help them practice. An entire hour was a little long for MY attention span, but Morgan did great and LOVED it! Here are a few pictures I snapped before class started (while I still can before she is humiliated for me to take pictures of her!!!)
Here is Morgan with her special friend teacher, Miss Parker, and her partner, Maya, who goes to the same school as Morgan and they see each other every day at school (although Maya is in Kindergarten)
There will be a recital at BSU in December, stay tuned for the date, time, and location!!!!
So fun!!!!!
So fun!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment