Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Friday, September 19, 2008

Hold the walnuts, please.

Wow, I haven't blogged much this week. My mom is in Mexico so I've been keeping tabs on her place and bringing in her mail and papers, etc. Morgan had picture retakes on Thursday because her first go round at pictures looked like she had accidentally eaten something really gross. Her other tooth is still hanging in there. Emma has had preschool and this week is M week. She shared her American Girl doll "Molly," and her cow that goes "Moo" because we couldn't find anything else that started with "M" so her "Mommy" had to use her "Mental" prowess to think of something at the last "Minute" when she "Made" the realization that it was time to "Move" out the door for preschool! Carter has been cracking us up. He is now clapping if we say "yayyy!" and babbling all the time. He loves to talk to people anywhere we are and they always tell us how adorable he is (we know!)

Today, I had my allergies tested because I've been having daily headaches for quite some time now but I've also been having major problems with my eyes and sinuses. Then, about 2 months ago, I realized I was having weird reactions after eating apples, then strawberries and then the last one was nuts at my friend Amy's wedding. I thought those were odd things to be allergic to, but got it all explained to me today. They started out with the little scratchy thing and did 8 scratches and 2 pokes. They swelled up fast...the worst ones were trees, dust mites and dogs (uh oh) Then on the other arm, they did a bunch of foods like eggs, wheats, yeasts, dairy, etc. and cats. The only one that reacted there was cats. Then they needed to do the specialized test so they gave me FIFTEEN SHOTS in my arm. I'm sorry...let me say that again....FIF--TEEN. and also let me say....ouch. The lower arm ones just itched pretty bad, but the ones on top with the shots hurt and still do. Turns out its a miracle I've lived 32 years with no intervention. I'm severely allergic to about everything in the world. I need to be the girl in the bubble, I guess. My worst things are every kind of tree, dust, every kind of mold, strawberries, apples, watermelon(!), cantaloupe (don't like that anyway), and the very worst one of all....black walnuts. Seriously, WHO is allergic to WATERMELON?!?! Evidently...me. So anyway, now I need to start taking shots and meds and nose spray. Fun times. The allergist said that I can still eat the fruits because I'm only mildly allergic and it will just create rather annoying symptoms like itching throat, etc. but that I should avoid the black walnuts at all costs or else figure out how to breathe in a way that doesn't involve my throat since it will be swelled shut! Um....ok.

Tomorrow we are hosting the appetizers portion of a progressive dinner for my Mommy and Me group here. There will be 3 other couples besides us. It should be fun!!! Sunday, Chris is going to a Colts game with the guys from his region at Jones. My mom gets back very late tonight, so hopefully we'll get to see her soon. Wow, I'm a slacker....no pictures this week. I'll do better this weekend.....

1 comment:

The Schnicks said...

Wow! You are brave for going through with all that poking and prodding! I'm glad that they found out what was bothering you. Hopefully with your treatments, you will feel so much better!!! Have a great weekend!]