Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My kids crack me up

A few funny things the kids have said lately that I need to get on here...

2 nights ago, while saying our prayers at bedtime, Morgan says that she wants to say a special prayer for Great Grandma (which is my Grandma who passed away in April) so I say "Ok, that sounds wonderful" Well, it was Emma's turn to pray first so she started "Dear Great Grandma, I love you and I miss you and please don't die again. Make the flowers pretty, Amen" I tell her that was wonderful. Then its Morgan's turn, Morgan says "Dear God, Please keep Great Grandma happy in heaven and let her come back down to the earth very soon. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen" I did go ahead and try to explain to her that Grandma wouldn't be coming back down, only Jesus came down from heaven. She said "but you said we'd see her again" and I said "yes, we'll see her again when WE go UP to heaven, not when SHE comes DOWN" I just didn't want her to think there was a chance people who had passed away could suddenly come back to life...that might be disturbing. Anyway, still precious.

Just a few minutes ago, I was attempting to feed Carter who has not wanted much to do with food the last few days. He's been being VERY picky. Evidently, I've expressed my frustration one too many times because all in a frustrated tone, I said "Carter Matthew!" and Emma finished the thought by saying in the exact same tone I'd just used "YOU'RE DRIVING ME BONKERS!" *head, desk*

1 comment:

Tia said...

Kids are "spot on" sometimes aren't they! Very cute!