Blogs I read

  • Housekeeping! - This isn’t a real post…just a collection of stuff that doesn’t fit anywhere else. Purrsy Bysshe Shelley was not pleased with the lack of attention. Clearly...
  • Remembering 2017 - We were driving in the car a few weeks ago and Sadie piped up, "Man. 2017 feels like a scooter to the ankle." I think I said something like, "Amen, siste...
  • Hey! Didn't I run the 2016 NYC Marathon?!? - Hi. My name is Chris. You may remember me from such races as the Boston Marathon, the Indy Mini or even Ironman Louisville, but for some reason...I STOPPE...
  • new things - Lots of new things happening around here. For Mothers Day, Chris asked me what I wanted to do. I told him I wanted to spend all morning picking out flowers...

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Flippin' Post

The Scene: Morgan comes in from school with a newspaper in her backpack.
Me: Why do you have a newspaper in your backpack?
Morgan: Mrs. Goldsworthy gave it to us.
Me: Why?
Morgan: (in a "duh-Mommy" voice) um, so we could READ IT!
Me: Oh really, you interested in local news are you?
Morgan: Oh look, I have to show you something that Bailey showed me (flips pages in newspaper)
Me: You looking for the classifieds?
Morgan: Here...(points to a picture of Britney Spears) This girl is FLIPPIN' HOT!
Me: *picks jaw up off the ground* yep, Morgan, she sure is.....hey, who is Bailey? (assuming Bailey is the jewel who taught my child this lovely little morsel)
Morgan: He's a boy on my bus.....*obviously impressed* he's SEVEN, Mommy!


Its only going to get worse from here, isn't it!??!? :)

No comments: