Blogs I read

Blog Archive

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A letter to winter....

Dear Winter,

We need to talk.

I think we should see other people. I mean, I knew you were cold when we first met but I still loved you in spite of that. I never wanted to change you.

Now that we've been together this long, I just feel like I have to be honest with you...and with myself. I used to love it when you would make it snow. Now, I resent you for making me keep 3 kids couped up in the house for fear of hypothermia. I want to let them play outside without having to make sure they peed before I start to dress them. I want to make it through one week without having to take someone to the doctor, give someone Tylenol, wipe someone's nose, change pukey sheets on someone's bed, or stick a thermometer up someone's toushie. I know you're only trying to help when you warm up to 40 degrees, but really, who are we kidding? It just isn't enough for me anymore. I need 60's or 70's. I'm tired of always being the one who is trying to warm things up.

Really, its not you...its me. I've changed. I'm a different person now.

I moving to Arizona until Spring comes. I hope you understand.

Love,
Molly

3 comments:

Kristen2309 said...

OK. I think I am going to wet myself because I am laughing so hard! You crack me up! You need to write a book.

The Saunders Family said...

ha...I have been seeing the same winter...what a two-timer!
:)

The Schnicks said...

You crack me up!! That was classic! I am still planning to call you by the way! :)