Blogs I read

Blog Archive

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Monday, January 19, 2009

House of Sickness

So, now that Carter is better...its Mommy's turn to be sick. Friday night after we got all home and settled, I noticed that my throat was hurting so I figured I'd be catching a cold or something from my time amongst the ill at the ER. Saturday, it still hurt but it was worse when I woke up so I thought maybe it was just one of those allergy things that gets better after a while. Saturday afternoon, I started feeling reaaaally tired, but again, just chalked it up as having been awake 44 out of the previous 48 hours and didn't think too much of it. Sunday morning, however, I felt AWFUL. My entire body ached. I had lymph nodes sticking out on the side of my neck that you could see. My head hurt like a migraine headache, only I wasn't having a migraine and my throat felt like it was on FIRE. I was super bummed too because we were starting a new Sunday School class study on "The Shack" and I had read the whole book and was really looking forward to discussing it. I went back to bed around 9:30am and didn't get up again until 9:30am today. I hurt so bad, though, that at one point, we called the doctor on call to see if he'd give me something to help the pain go away so I could at least sleep. He wouldn't (if it had been MY doctor he would have! grrr) but he did call in an antibiotic and said my symptoms sounded like a classic case of strep throat. So alternating Ibuprofen and Tylenol, I did finally get some relief from the pain and slept all night. This morning (Monday) Chris got Morgan up and off to school. Thankfully, he didn't have to work since it was MLK day. (Morgan originally didn't have school but ended up going since it was a snow make up day.) Its a good thing. He has been the best nurse ever! He kept track of my medicines and when to take them. He'd show up with food after I'd take the ibuprofen because the doctor said to take it with food or it would upset my stomach. He went to pick up my antibiotics and got me ice cream since it was the only thing that sounded good (and soft) for my sore throat. He took care of the kids so well that I never even heard them screaming or making loud noises (which is a feat in and of itself, let me just tell you!) He even did at least one load of laundry and by the looks of it, probably 2!!!! He is amazing. Best husband ever and I'll beat up anyone who argues! (so there!) Anyway, hopefully I'm back on the mend and hopefully I stayed away from the kids enough that none of them will get it.

Carter seems pretty much back to normal. We will go back to the doctor on Friday to check his ears and see if his ear infection is all cleared up or not. Please pray that it is, because the next step is tubes and I can't imagine having to do tubes on a 14 month old. Morgan did it when she was 3, almost 4, and so we could explain what was happening and she was a trooper...but I don't think my 14 month old is going to understand what is happening. The ER doctor looked in his ears and said they looked (and I quote) "terrible" but when Carter's pediatrician checked them the next morning he said that, yes, to someone who hadn't seen them earlier in the week they probably did look terrible, but to him they looked MUCH better! So, we will pray they are healed SOON!!!! No more hospitals for us, thankyouverymuch!

No comments: