My friend Tia just messaged me on Facebook to ask if I was ever going to blog again. Oops. Guess I've been absent a while. Here are some highlights of the exciting things I have not blogged about this week....
1. Carter STILL has an ear infection. This means we're going on month 3 of an ear infection. I have also had one that won't go away. Evidently its the Paris Hilton of ear infections (can't take a hint, won't go away, is resistant to some antibiotics) Anyway, I took him in on Tuesday after he finished his last round (round 3) of antibiotics to make sure the infection was gone. It wasn't. So, the doctor decided we were going to hit it hard. My poor baby is getting 2 Rocephin injections a day for 3 days! (if you haven't had a Rocephin injection, they STING!!) Anyway, the first day, he didn't know what was coming. He cried just for a minute while giving the nurse the evil eye. It wasn't too bad once the stinging went away. Yesterday, for shot #2, when they layed him down on the exam table to give him his shots he tried out his most newly acquired vocabulary skills and said "NO! NO!!" They laughed and said "awww, so sorry, buddy" That time he cried HARD and for quite a while longer. It actually took some mommy bouncing to make him stop. We shall see how #3 goes today.
2. My mom has laryngitis. She has for an entire week. They sent her home one day last week because really she felt OK but couldn't talk at all. I can only barely hear her on the phone. It has, however, been kind of fun having her home for a whole week. I told her I was ready for her to retire so she could be home during the day like this all the time! She will be 65 this year, so maybe retirement isn't too far off!? She's kept the girls a couple times while I've taken Carter to get his shot. She's come and visit. On Tuesday, I wasn't going to make it out of the doctor in time to get home to get Morgan off the bus, so I called Mom and she came over.
3. I've been working more than usual. Poor Chris has been working SO hard and you can't MAKE people give you their money (well, you can, but that is a whole different occupation that requires running from the law and I don't have that kind of energy) So, I've been trying to work whenever Carter is napping and even sometimes when he is awake if he's being agreeable. For instance, right now, he has been sitting at my feet being completely captivated by putting a tiny piece of gravel into a hole on his baby gate and then taking it back out and starting over. I hope its always that easy to entertain him!
4. Chris grew a beard. Didn't shave since before Jan 1. I thought it looked pretty cool until one day he kissed me good bye and I promptly decided I was done with the beard. He put up a Facebook poll (cause he's a geeky nerd) and the "Shave Its" won out. So, he shaved it. (well, because of the poll and because I bribed him) I have my pretty pretty husband back.
5. Had a fun Mommy and Me meeting on Wednesday about saving money with coupons. It was very informative and now I'm addicted to finding coupons and deals at stores, etc. Hopefully I can save some big cash! (I used to be pretty good at it and then kind of lost track because it was hard enough juggling kids at the grocery let alone juggling kids and groceries and coupons and keeping track of how many boxes of Hamburger Helper I needed to get in order to use the coupon and save the whopping 35cents I had the opportunity to save. Didn't seem worth it.)BUT, as I learned this week, if there is a limit on 5 and I use it for each one and it gets doubled or tripled and there is already a store special on it, I can get things really cheap! (sometimes free!) So, I'm all about that!
6. We got a bunch of snow last night. It was SO beautiful coming down. Big fat flakes. I love snow. At least until I have to bundle 3 kids up, find 6 matching boots in the bottom of the coat closet, find 6 matching gloves in the bottom of the coat closet, find 3 hats....(you get where this is going, right?) I also discovered yesterday that I don't have any boots other than these big, black, rubber soled, fleece lined boots that I wore for snowmobiling when I was in HS. (and let me tell you, they are sexy!)
7. Good TV started again!! (this is probably the biggest reason for the lack of blogs, I've been too busy watching TV at night instead of blogging) I swore I wouldn't get sucked back into 24 again because I couldn't stand the torturing and killing from last season and stopped watching, but they sucked me back in with the resurrection of Tony Almeida. Darn you, 24, with your heart warming story lines! I also LOVE The Biggest Loser, Big Bang Theory, and Lost which starts next Wednesday! (Seriously, that one is even on my calendar!)
8. I finally broke through my last weight plateau. Been at it for 2+ months. That was a little frustrating. I've been religous with my Couch to 5K plan and just finished my run about an hour ago.
I think that is about all I know. I have no pictures. I should take some of the snow but its too cold to go out and play in the snow (it was -7 when I got up, and now its up to 0! Heat wave!) I'm going to take Carter to the doctor for the (hopefully) last time this afternoon. Tomorrow, Emma probably won't have school and Morgan will probably have a delay again. This weekend we have nothing unless we get a good offer....anyone? anyone?
Not how I expected my morning to go
-
So this morning I had to get up early for a doctors appointment but instead
of my alarm I woke up to an incredibly loud IMMINENT THREAT flood warning
and s...

4 comments:
Lost. Yes.
um, how about you come up to Culver and we frolic in the snow! Ha...that doesn't cound appealing to me how about you?? Sorry that is the best offer I can give you!
Yes! I love to frolic in the snow! :)
Finally. Seriously girl. Don't leave me hanin'! We are so psyched for lost too!!!
Post a Comment