My friend Tia (
see her blog here) was blogging yesterday about being a super mom vs. being a slacker mom. She was talking about a specific book (that I must read) called
You're A Good Mom (
and your kids aren't so bad either) Anyway, she inspired me to do something better for poor Emma for lunch. It isn't like I just throw whatever slop I can find on a plate and hand it to her, but I don't put a lot of thought into it since its just her and I eat something different, Carter eats something else, and Morgan and Chris aren't here for lunch. I have noticed a dramatic increase in her requests for snacks all. day. long. So, I thought maybe if I fixed her a lunch she'd eat more of, I'd get less requests for snacks. Anyway, pictured below is my creation. It is a peanut butter and jelly (Grandma's jelly, no less!) sandwich in the shape of a dog (Emma's choice...you would have thought she was picking out a name for her future child given the thought she put into the cookie cutter selection), bananas with a tiny bit of sugar free chocolate syrup and sprinkles (her favorite addition), some veggies, and whole wheat animal crackers.

Here is her reaction to seeing her plate!

She thanked me a few times for her "special lunch" and ate it up. Of course, she picked out the corn to eat leaving the rest of the veggies, but she ate everything else! So, a victory in that she ate a healthy lunch but a defeat in that she got up from the table and walked into the living room where I was working and said "can I have a snack?" Not exaggerating. Literally, 30 seconds after leaving the table. *sigh*
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout-out! The bananas with chocolate syrup is a must try for me now! I think you are a super mom too! Sorry you are having such troubles with your allergies. That really stinks.
Post a Comment