Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Monday, October 13, 2008

please excuse me for one moment but......

nah nah nah nah nah naaaahhhh, I've got the smart kid! (sorry, just had to get that out of my system)

Chris and I just had Morgan's parent teacher conference for the first 9 weeks. Here is a little transcript from the teacher: Morgan has a positive attitude about school. Morgan completes her work. Morgan volunteers in class. Morgan is kind and has many friends. Morgan does well on her math assessments. Morgan is a strong reader, she does well on assessments for Language Arts. Listening Comprehension seems to be difficult for her. Morgan does well on spelling assessments and has a 100% in spelling, having never missed a spelling word on a test.

So, from that, I'm super excited that she's doing so well, but I'm the most excited about the fact that she is kind! That is one of our big things at home lately is being kind to others (especially her sister!)

The really exciting part though is that they are beginning a brand new accelerated reading program at her school. Today, her class started "Book Baggies" where they get to pick a book from the classroom to take home and read. There are 4 levels of books and the teacher selects which level they begin at. They read 5 books from each level before they move up a level. Once they do all 4 levels, they start picking special books from the library that they bring home to read and then take back to take an online assessment with questions. It is the transition from "learning to read" to "reading to learn." Anyway, Morgan....my kid...is the only one in her class who is already picking her books from the library! The ONLY KID IN HER CLASS! I was so excited and it was everything I could do not to stand up and sing the "I've got the smart kid" song that I put at the beginning of this post.

I'm so proud of her and I just had to share that right here!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Schnicks said...

Yeah Morgan! Now you just need one of those bumper stickers that says, "My kid is smarter than yours!" :) Glad she is doing so well in school. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.