Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

frustrations........

I am so frustrated with this whole allergy thing. Ugg. I had another allergic reaction on Sunday where my eyes got all swollen again. I showed it to Chris late Sunday night and he said "what did you eat?!" and I said "NOTHING!" and then as I went back through everything I'd eaten, I realized I'd eaten some strawberry jelly for dinner. Duh. Can't eat strawberries! But here's the thing, 2 weeks ago before I started shots, I ate some of that EXACT jelly, same jelly, same jar, same bread, with NO reaction. The nurse at the allergist office talks to me like I'm a 3 year old and doesn't want to listen to my questions about if the shots could POSSIBLY be making things worse instead of better. No, she didn't want to hear about how I could eat that same jelly 2 weeks ago, all she said was "let me get this straight, we told you that you're allergic to strawberries and then you eat strawberries and you're surprised?!" I looked at her dumbfounded for a second before finally replying that I'd been able to eat that exact jelly for 32 years and most recently, 2 WEEKS AGO!, and now all of a sudden, I couldn't. The only thing different since then.....the shots. "Well" she says in a very patronizing tone "the shots couldn't be making your allergies worse" Well, OK then, WHAT IS?! I can't keep doing this. It is not fun. Later that night, I woke up from a deep sleep around 2am with a horrible headache, so I got up to take some Tylenol and nearly passed out. It was frightening. If it happens again anytime soon, I'll be asking to speak with the doctor....or better yet, I'll go to my family doctor...he can find anything!

Ok....ending vent now.

No comments: