Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Time!

After our trip to the Corn Field maze and pumpkin patch, we came home to carve our pumpkins. The girls drew their faces on and then Chris and I cut them out for them. Here is Emma working dilligently on her pumpkin (while eating chocolate chips)

Morgan's work of art....
Carter was REEEEEALLY excited!

Notice their corresponding sizes....Morgan and Emma decided that is how they should be when they were picking them out! We paid by the pound...Morgan's pumpkin was 18 pounds!! Emma's was 5 and Carter's was 2. I told Morgan she should have found a 7 pound pumpkin to keep the ratio really accurate to their ages!

A new tradition we have that I never did when I was kid (but that was introduced to me in college by Mr. Brian Schnick himself) was roasting the pumpkin seeds after the pumpkin is carved. Mmmmmmmm.....they're yummy! And my kids are now fans as well! We even invited Grandma Swank back over to our house to try some because she had never heard of such a thing! (I don't think she cared for them!)


How blessed are we for family traditions?!?!?!

No comments: