Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

add one more to the list

So it turns out......I'm also VERY allergic to pecans!

I'm sitting here around 3pm waiting for Morgan to get off the bus and talking to my friend Olivia on the phone. I hang up and turn to get up to go get Morgan and realize I can see my skin on the side of my face out of my eye. That can't be good, I think. So, I look in the mirror and the entire right side of my face is swollen!!!!! I think its funny so I take a picture on my cell phone and send the picture to Chris. Shortly there after, I took a Benadryl. About 2 minutes later, my throat started closing up and then I got a little worried. I called my allergist and they said to come over right away. So, I pack up 3 kids in the car and head to the allergy doctor. By the time I got there, I also had really bad hives. They gave me another pill that dissolved on my tongue and then a triple dose of prednisone and yelled at me for driving there. I said "they told me to!" Anyway, long story short, I had some pecans this morning at a Mommy and Me meeting and it took a while to react, but react it did! The picture from my cell phone is very embarrassing so I won't be sharing it, but here is a picture of what my eyes still looked like when I got home.
We went out to get some dinner since I could barely keep my eyes open from all the sleepy time inducing drugs they gave me. After we got home, I got Carter ready for bed and decided I needed to put some warm jammies on him since last night it got pretty chilly in here. The only feeted warm jammies he had were ones my mom got him that were size 2T, I figured they'd be big but I went ahead and put them on anyway........THEY FIT! ACK! My 10 month old is wearing size 2T jammies!!!!

2 comments:

Tia said...

You poor thing. How did you go this long without knowing you were so allergic to so many things??

The Saunders Family said...

oh, my! That doesn't look good...guess it's a good thing you got to the allergist when you did. That reminds me of a reaction Lee had in high school to something in some ice cream I think it was. She had huge swollen lips...I am sure she remembers that!