This morning we got up and got Morgan on the bus as usual. Took Emma to preschool and then took Carter to his 18 month well baby appointment. I placed my wager on him weighing 29 pounds 6 ounces. I was 5 ounces over. He was 29 pounds, 1 oz. and 34 inches tall. (Just to put that in perspective, his sister Morgan who is VERY tall was only 33 inches tall and was only 23 pounds 10 ounces and his sister Emma was only 32 inches tall and only weighed 20 pounds 7 ounces....AND she only weighs 31 pounds NOW at age 4 1/2!!!!!) Anyway....everything about him was perfect except his lack of speaking. He has ONE word. "Mommy" It is his all-purpose word. He uses it for EVERYTHING! He used to have a few words but I can't ever get him to say them. He will periodically still say "ball" and once in a great while "bye bye" but that is it. I honestly think he just doesn't feel the need to speak....but we're going to get him evaluated by a speech therapist anyway.
After his appointment we ran to WalMart to get some pictures for Emma's preschool and a retirement card for my mom. Then back to pick up Emma. Came home, had lunch, layed both Carter AND Emma down for a nap (Because Emma had a night terror last night and that is the rule, the day after a night terror she has to take a nap....she usually wants to because she is extra tired so I didn't even have to force her)
Carter was supposed to have his follow up hearing check at 5pm but the now infamous doctor's office called around 3:15 and wondered if we could come earlier. I told them I could but I'd have to bring his big sisters since Chris wasn't planning on being home until 4:30 to watch them. They said fine, come on in. Dr. Rude McNot-so-nice was slightly better today than last time but still very cold. (By the way, no one thanked me for coming in 2 hours early so she could leave the office early and not have to wait on my appointment at 5pm!) The news was that his hearing was a little better but it really wasn't that bad to begin with...at least not bad enough to be affecting his speech.
Back home, get cleaned up and wait for Chris to get home. I left around 5:15 to go to my Mom's Retirement party at Cheeseburger in Paradise. It was really nice (and I had the Calypso Chicken Salad....the single best salad I have EVER had!!! SOOOO GOOD!!!!)
Now, I am sitting by my phone waiting to hear word that

1 comment:
oh fun...i have kept checking on her pregnancy since i am so close to her date...so maybe I will be following her shortly! Just hoping this baby is early!
And crazy how big Carter is...he must be a solid boy because he doesn't look big...if you know what I mean. Maria is 29 lbs!
Post a Comment