Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Monday, May 4, 2009

30 Day Shred: A Study in Perspective

So last week, the author of a blog I read (Big Mama...hilarious, by the way!) started doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred exercise DVD. I had it on Comcast On Demand and therefore didn't have to buy it, so I thought I'd try it too. Something about the title of it resonated with me....The 30 Day Shred. I can do anything for 30 days, right?! So, I started the 30 Day Shred on May 1 with the hopes of completing it every day during the month of May. I missed Sunday already, but I did do Friday, Saturday and today.

What Jillian Michaels did not figure into her 30 Day Shred, however, was the added resistance from exercising with a 30 pound 18-month-old attached to you. Jumping jacks are a little more interesting while trying not to land on little toes. Shadow boxing requires a smidge more agility so as not to punch a toddler in the face. And crunches....well...crunches are downright cruel with my personal trainer. Not only does he sit his 30 pound rear right down on my abs, but when they are at their tightest in mid-crunch, he starts bouncing up and down! Let me tell you, it makes me keep my abs tight!!!!!!
Emma took the above picture for me and then wanted me to take a picture of her....so here is Emma from my perspective while doing 30 Day Shred.

And speaking of perspective, here is my son while still on top of me, trying to put his eye directly on the camera lens.


Camera face!!!! Haven't seen that in a few days!!!!

He might be a little rotten.


2 comments:

The Schnicks said...

Keep it up girl! You're looking good! Jillian's got nothing on you with your personal trainer. He's a tough cookie.

Tia said...

He's quite a help? Or hinderance? Either way, CUTE!