Here she is post-Versed with Daddy!
They took her back at 8:10am and said we should hear from them by 9. We were in the consultation room talking to the doctor at 8:55am. He said she had done amazingly well and we could go back soon. When we came back to the room, the nurse said to be really quiet and not wake her up because she'd finally gotten her back to sleep after waking her up the first time and getting kicked in the head. She said Emma was a "a little combative" when coming out of the anesthesia and started flailing her arms and legs uncontrollably and the nurse got konked in the head. Emma's Nana said that nurse should have kept her head out of the way! (ha) Soon, Emma was awake asking for Mommy (awww) so I told her I was there and gave her a hug and she went right back to sleep. They kept her pretty well sedated then for about another hour or so. She perked up around 10am and was thirsty so we started trying to drink. She started out with water, then grape juice, then vanilla pudding. She never once complained that it hurt while swallowing. She had to take 6 oz of fluid before they would let her go home. She had taken about 5 1/2 oz when she coughed which made her gag which made her throw it all up. So, we started back at 0! It didn't take too long, though, because by now she was pretty alert and thirsty/hungry! She wasn't too excited about taking her IV out, but did great all things considered! Here she is in the recovery room. (note the puppy...that is actually Morgan's puppy that she told Emma she could borrow and for whatever reason, Emma liked that idea better than taking her own stuffed animal.
We got to leave at about 12:40pm and made a quick stop on the way home to get her some more vanilla pudding like the hospital had. She really liked it. I also got her some more ice cream but she was more concerned with getting some that Morgan could have which I thought was so sweet! When we got home, we let Miss Elizabeth (the sitter) go home and prepared Emma's throne of the hide-a-bed with her own pillow, sippy cup, TV, and a bell to ring to get our attention if she needed us. She rested for an hour or so before she fell back to sleep.

1 comment:
What a big girl you have. I don't know if I would be that calm...well, maybe with some drugs I would! :) I was exactly her age when I had my tonsils out. I have been very healthy ever since. I hope it makes a great difference for her. I hope that the recovery goes well!
Post a Comment