Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday, April 5

I get a lot of funny questions from people now that I have 3 kids. Mostly it is people who have none or only 1 kid. So far they are never offensive or dumb...just funny things. Well, one of the questions I get the most is "how do you decide which 2 get to lick the beaters when you bake something?" I always laugh because it must be a big deal to people!!! Anyway, up until now, Carter really wasn't big enough to appreciate the joy that is licking beaters. Today, he got swept up in the begging for beaters excitement when his sisters saw me making brownies. He was ready for his initiation so I had to come up with something quick. So, I dipped 3 spoons into the batter and handed them out like lollipops. Worked pretty well and was much less messy since they didn't get batter all over their faces while trying to get their tongues into the grooves of the beaters like giraffes eating leaves off a tree.

1 comment:

The Saunders Family said...

yum...only do you get all freaked out about eggs in the batter, my mil thinks it is crazy to lick the beaters, especially since I am preggo! she is a bit of a germaphobe too though! Even though her house isn't always that clean, go figure!
Yeah, people always have advice to give huh? To mothers and pregnant women, what is up with that..."wow, you are going to have your hands full" (with two, sure, that is oh, so many kids! My mom had twice as many and there are plenty of people who have a ton more and I think they are still sane enough)...I am glad I am pregnant during the winter since most people have no clue when you ahve a big bulky coat on that you are hiding a preggo belly! Okay, there is my rant!