Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Monday, April 27, 2009

Really Old Lady

Morgan came home from school on Friday with this story in her folder. They did a unit on crows (what? you don't remember your first grade experiences with crows?!) and almost always have a creative writing assignment that relates to the topic. This is the story she wrote for this assignment and I had to laugh. Hard. Then I called my mom and read it to her...and laughed some more! In case you can't quite decipher the misspelled words the story says "This old Grandma was named Karen Swank and she fell in the pool and broke her hip and then she lost her ring and then a crow came and found it and gave it to the old woman"

I don't know which is funnier...the fact that she calls her old twice or the fact that she has her break her hip!!! Priceless.

2 comments:

Tia said...

Good lord that is funny! Your poor mother is neither old or fragile! You tell her I said that!

The Schnicks said...

I read that last night and it cracked me up! Out of the mouth of babes. If parents only knew half the stuff we see and hear about at school...they'd all be mortified! Tell Morgan to keep up the great writing!