Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Friday, April 3, 2009

Date night!!!!!!!

Chris and I were able to have a date night all to ourselves!

Every so often, the Edward Jones advisors in our region get together and do something....the last couple of times they've gone to a Pacers game. However, I use the term "go to a Pacers game" loosely. They are in a building where the Pacers are playing a game, however, they aren't really watching the game....more on that in a minute. Anyway, this time there were some extra tickets available as of Thursday so Chris called and asked if I wanted to go too and I said "absolutely!" We found a sitter and headed to Indianapolis. We got to sit in the "Legends" area where there is a buffet of food that is sitting out that is all you can eat and there is a bar that is all you can drink. When we first got there, there were 2 full buffets with Mexican Food....nachos, beans, corn, tortillas, ground beef, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, enchiladas, and a lot more. Then, there was another stand that had huge hotdogs with anything and everything you could think to put on a hotdog (and some things I have never thought of putting on a hot dog!) There was another bar that had "Irish Nachos" which were these fried potato things that came with cheese and bacon and then, again, had all the toppings you could think of. In the meantime, they are coming around every 5 minutes asking for drink orders and you could get just about anything you wanted! I let Chris take advantage of that but I just kept the diet pepsi's coming! After halftime, they put away the food and got out the snacks & desserts! HUGE cookies in 6 different varieties, brownies, ice cream, popcorn, peanuts, pretzels, etc. etc. It was unbelieveable!!

Anyway, here we are standing by our table in the Legends area looking out over the floor. Seriously, we couldn't even see the floor from where we were but there were plenty of TVs and the jumbo-tron, etc. etc.

*April 3 photo*

No comments: