Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Saturday, February 14, 2009

The most romantic Valentine's Day ever!

The most romantic Valentine's Day ever started at 6:30am with Carter SCREAMING...he evidently was just so excited to get up and tell us how much he loved us that he needed to start the day early.... We got up so Chris could go to work (which he was very excited about) and the kids and I hung out here and watched Disney Channel! (seriously, have you ever seen "Phineas and Ferb"? Hi-freaking-larious!!!! I highly recommend it!) I also worked for a little while. When I layed Carter down for a nap, the girls and I made banana chocolate chip mini muffins and then delivered them to several of our neighbors. The girls had SO much fun delivering them (although when Chris got home and I asked Morgan to tell him what we did today, she told him that we sold muffins to our neighbors!) We had a fancy Valentine's Day McDonald's lunch and then Emma and I went to her friend Ashland's birthday party which was adorable!!!

At the party, they got to dress up like princesses, get their hair done, glitter spray, nail polish, then did princess dances, had cupcakes and watched Ashland open gifts.

Here are Emma and Ashland when we first arrived and put on dresses....


Here are all the girls doing their "princess dance"

Here is Emma with her friends from Preschool Kaitlyn and the birthday girl, Ashland (and Ashland's little sister Briley who stuck her head in the shot!)


Afterwards, we came home when Grandma called to see if she could come over to give the kids (and us) our Valentine's Day gifts. We gave her some muffins too. After she left, we went to her house and left Carter and then headed to Chuck E. Cheese's with the Arnetts. We've been working with Morgan's teacher to help her to remember to use her class time wisely at school. Each week, we make up a chart and she gets a sticker for the day if she doesn't bring home any incomplete classroom assignments. She also gets to help me pick a reward for the week if she does a good job each day. Her reward choice this week was Chuck E. Cheese. Chuck E. Cheese's was packed!!! We had to wait a long time before we could even get inside the doors to wait in line. Once we were in, though, we had yummy pizza and a very fun time together. Best. Valentine's Day. Ever! **this is also my photo for Feb 14**

1 comment:

The Schnicks said...

Yeah for Morgan! It sounds like she had a good week at school. Keep it up girl! Your Valentine's Day sounds as unromantic as ours. Although, I think that spending the day with all of my valentines is just fine! :)