Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 26 photo

This was me today. All day. I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck. The doctor thought it could be strep but said it didn't really look like classic strep but did a throat culture anyway just because it would be less traumatic for me to have the culture than it would be for any of the kids to have one in the event that they get a sore throat. I had also been having a headache for 2 weeks that he gave me some pretty pretty muscle relaxers for. (*clasping hands and bending down to pill bottle* "Aren't you pretty? Pretty pretty muscle relaxers! Yes you are! You're so pretty!") Anyway, I also was having some pain in my ears which he said was caused not from an ear infection but from the fact that the lymph nodes in my neck were so large they were putting pressure on my inner ear. Score.

The blanket in this picture was a blanket that my Granny gave to my mom when she left for college and my mom gave it to me once when Chris and I were traveling and I wanted a blanket in the car and I kept it because its so warm and cozy and I swear it still smells like my Granny (which I'm sure isn't possible since she hasn't touched it in, oh say, 50+ years!) but, I always pull it out when I'm sick because its so thick and warm and snuggly and its just the greatest sickie blanket ever!


Anyway, after that fun day and trip to the doctor toting 3 kids along with me, I forced Chris against his will asked Chris ever so sweetly if he would take Carter to Primetime which is our after hours pediatrician's office. He did....and my poor baby has a double ear infection. Guess it's tube time for him!!!!

1 comment:

The Saunders Family said...

seriously, do you guys have an evil germ living in your house that refuses to leave and just keeps giving you sicknesses!
ah, strep throat...I used to get it all the time...about 15 total I think I have had it, I got so used to the throat cultures that when they said "this will make you gag, pant like a dog to help", I kind of laughed at the nurses, and said, "nope, I am so used to people gagging me with the culture stick, it won't bother me!"
Poor carter and his ears! Hope the tubes help soon!