February 9 photo....

As you may remember in
The Dentist: The Crying Game we had a little bit of a challenge on our hands. I was horrified with how awful Morgan was. Well, I am happy to report that the return on Monday was as different as it could have been. As the dentist put it, "she went from being the worst 6 year old I've ever had ....to the best" It was unreal. I started preparing her for it early because Emma and I went on Tuesday of LAST week to give Morgan time to prepare her little brain. The day of, I loaded Carter & Emma up in the van and we were waiting for Morgan to get off the bus so we could go straight there. I made the exact same offer I made last time, which was to go to Toys R Us and pick out anything she wanted for $5. When we got there, they called her back. She went. They gave me a look like "is this really happening?" At one point, Kylie the assistant came out to me and said "did you threaten her with her life or something? She is being perfect! We just did x-rays!" (they'd never even
attempted x-rays in the past because of her hysterics) I said "amazing what a little bribery can do!" She just laughed and went back in. While Kara (the dentist) was scaling Morgan's teeth (which is certainly my least favorite part), Kylie came back out and said "seriously, what do you bribe her with, like a million dollars?!" and I said "same thing as last time!" Anyway, Morgan sat through the whole entire thing. She did every single thing she needed to do and Dr. Kara was able to do everything she needed to do to her. She even did the paint-on flouride treatment when she was done. It was amazing. Just amazing. Just proves that my kid can do anything she puts her mind to (and likewise WON'T do anything she puts her mind to!)
(She gets that from her Daddy!)After the dentist, we headed out to Toys R Us, where Morgan picked out this cute puppy that she named Cuddles and has not put down since Monday...Cuddles has even accompanied her to school in her backpack.
1 comment:
glad she got over her fear(learned you were serious with the bribery!) I hope we never have to deal with that with Maria, she likes to go with me now, but we'll see when it's her mouth being worked on!
oh, too bad about the $ for the slippers, I SO could have made Carter a pair...maybe in exchange for a birth announcement design, seriously, do you have the ability to do that? Didn't you design Carter's birthday invite? Is it something I could do, or pay/barter for you to do for us come May? Let me know, I'm totally serious!
jessica
Post a Comment