We had Chris' company's Christmas party last night. It was really fun! Edward Jones divides their financial advisors throughout the company up into regions. Since Chris started back in 2001, we've been in Region 165 with the same group of people. In January, a lot of those people are being divided up and sent into other regions and people from down south of us are being added into our region. Some of our very good friends are now going to different regions. For me, it won't make THAT big of a difference....I just won't get to sit with them at regional events that I attend (which are only 2...one in the summer and one at Christmas) but for Chris, it will be a slightly bigger deal since he gets together with region people more often. Anyway, this Christmas party was the last time our whole region as we know it would be together!
My mom agreed to watch ALL THREE kids overnight which she has never done before all by herself. I can't begin to imagine how crazy that was for her not being used to it! (It's crazy enough for ME and I do it all day every day!) We arrived around 5pm and went to the hospitality suite. At 6, we went downstairs for cocktails and then dinner started at 7. The picture of my dinner (above) was beautiful. But...as the title of my post says...the beauty stopped there. It was bad. Like bad, bad. I am a picky eater, yes, but....really, it was bad. Our first course was Cream of Pumpkin soup. I even like pumpkin, but not in soup form. Then we had a salad which was OK except I always hate it when there is more vegetation in my salad than actual lettuce. Then, our dinner came which was chicken with artichoke in it and some kind of really horseradishy sauce on it. It also had asparagus (which I do like, but not the way this one was prepared) and the round thing was some kind of polenta cakes with spinach in between. Afterwards, there was a huge display of desserts that were really good and there was also a band that was kind of humorous!
Despite the not so great food, it was a lot of fun and we had a wonderful time. After dinner, we went out to the circle (did I even mention we were in downtown Indianapolis???) to see the "tree" (I put quotes because I always laugh when people call it a tree or say it is the world's largest tree, etc.....um..it isn't a tree, people!!! It is just lights on the monument!!! Like, would anyone be fooled if I just strung lights from a broomstick in my living room?!?! Ok, sorry, off topic) Anyway, it was enjoyable (AND COLD!) Here are a few more photos:
This was taken as we were leaving the Hilton. This pretty little sleigh was all set up by the tree. Judging by how it tipped and buckled as Chris sat in it, I'm not so sure it was actually meant for humans to sit in it. (at least full grown humans!!!)
The "tree" downtown
Me and my honey!
Dean Meyers and his wife Jan. Dean is another FA in Muncie and an amazing friend to Chris! (and me...they are the sweetest most generous couple around!!)
The trouble makers (from left to right) Tim Mooneyhan (the other Muncie FA and another amazing friend and fabulous Christian man), Chris, Dean, and Doug Fear (who used to be in the office Chris has in Yorktown!)
This tree was in the window of some store, we didn't even pay attention to what store...but it was beautiful. The lights were twinkling and there had to be a million of them on the tree. Tim & Chris stood there and stared at it for a full 60 seconds before we took this picture. I think here Chris is saying "whoa!"
Such a fun weekend and a much needed break! (including the sleeping in on Sunday morning!!!!)


No comments:
Post a Comment