Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Monday, December 21, 2009

The CDC called.....

We are the winners of the craziest maladies award.  We don't just get plain old colds in this house....too boring!  Here is just a quick list of the names of some of the sicknesses we've had in the house:

Herpangina
Hand, foot and mouth disease
Erythema Infectiosum
Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome
Pneumonia
Walking pneumonia
Bronchitis
Pink eye
Sinus infection
Ear infection

and now....we can add to that list....

EPIDEMIC KERATOCONJUNCTIVITIS!!!!!

Don't know what that is?  Well, let me show you a few pictures!


 
 

Yep, it was a real joy!  Especially since it was ME who got to experience it!  Basically, it is an infection in the eyes that is caused by the adenovirus which was the H1N1 virus of its day. (meaning everyone was scared to death of it but now no one even remembers its name because we have all built up our immunities nicely.  (and by we all, I mean...everyone but me, apparently!)

Anyway, that is all the news I have for now since I am currently confined to my house (a.k.a quarantine) until a week is up and my eyes don't look like I've been bitten by a zombie anymore!

1 comment:

Tia said...

You poor thing. You should be better by the big day though, right??