Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

An awesome day

Yesterday my status on Facebook said "Molly often complains about having a day where nothing goes right. Well, today I am having a day where EVERYTHING is going right!!!!! Thank you, God!!!!!!!!!!" and I just wanted to give a little more detail than the 250 character limit on my FB status allows!  First of all, both Emma AND Carter slept in.  I was so very tired and wanted to lay back down after Morgan got on the bus at 7:30....so I did!!!  Emma came into my room around 8 and laid down with me until 8:16 (I know this because she nudged me and said "Mommy it is 8:16, can I please go downstairs?)  So, she went downstairs and I took my time getting myself ready.  Carter didn't wake up until about 9am.  We all were fed, dressed, and out the door at exactly 9:30 to pick up one of Emma's friends for preschool.  I dropped them off at came back home to work on our big Christmas gift for the girls.  A Barbie house (pictures soon)  Work on it went smoothly and it turned out even better than I had hoped (so far!)  I went back to get Emma & Grace and took Grace home.  My mom had called and offered to take Emma shopping for her own gifts to give to family so I dropped her off at my mom's and as I was pulling out, my phone rang.  It was Chris asking if I wanted to meet him for lunch!!  He rarely does that and I LOVE it when he does!  So, I met my favorite person for lunch at (one of) my favorite place(s)!  After lunch, we came home and I laid Carter down at about 12:45.  I went to work on the Barbie house some more until Morgan got home at 2:30. Around 2pm, the FedEx truck pulled up.  I couldn't figure what in the world would be coming to me via FedEx, but I walked to the door and received a giant CASE of PopChips!  I love PopChips but never buy them because a) they're expensive and b) no place I shop sells them.  My friend Kristen had replied to an offer in a newsletter go get a case sent to a friend and she won!!!!!  That alone would have made my day!!!!  Anyway, at 3, I saw a crock pot recipe online.  Since I knew we were going to go to the Y for spinning class, I decided to fix it.  Amazingly, I had all of the ingredients and just enough time for it to cook!  I decided to also have some instant mashed potatoes ready to cook as soon as we got home (I know, some people think "Gross" but I actually like instant mashed potatoes better than real ones!!!  That statement will horrify my mother.  She NEVER fixed instant mashed potatoes, always homemade!)  Anyway, I got everything mixed up in a bowl so when I got home all I had to do was stick the bowl in to boil and then add the potatoes.  I noticed I was running low on potatoes so I was afraid I wouldn't have enough for 4 servings.  I needed 1 1/3 cup of flakes.  I measured it out and had EXACTLY  1 1/3 cups!  Score!  Emma got back at 4pm and Carter woke up at 4:15 so I had quite a bit of very peaceful time!  When Chris got home, we went to the spinning class which was my 2nd time and went MUCH better than the first time.  The first time, I was just praising God that I had previously decided that I was done having kids because that class would have decided it for me!  


Anyway, that was my amazingly awesome day.  There were other small things that added to it to make it even better, but those were the highlights!


In other news, Monday night, Chris took Morgan and Emma to gymnastics lessons and I stayed here with Carter to fix dinner.  When they got home, Morgan walked in and sat down and said "Oh my gosh, Mommy, this dinner looks wonderful!  I love this...and I love this...and I love this! Thank you!"  I said "thank you, Morgan, that makes me feel so good!!!"  Beaming with pride, I turned to Emma who picking at her scalloped potatoes said "What's this nasty yellow stuff you got here, Mom?!"  D'oh! So close!

No comments: