What an awesome day I had yesterday!!!!
First my fabulous husband got up early with the kids so I could sleep in. When I got up, the he went to get the kids' choice of McDonalds for breakfast. We sat down and watched the Betty White SNL episode from the night before (first one I've laughed out loud on in AGES! The digital short of them all singing her "Thank You For Being A Friend" and then her death metal version ending in "Happy Mother's Day, Mother ****" was about the funniest thing ever...sorry, got on a tangent)
My mom and I went to a lunch with her sister's family in Noblesville. It was an italian restaurant and it was delicious!! We had a wonderful time getting caught up with that side of the family. We didn't get to see them at Christmas because of the eye funk so it had been quite a while! Allow me to narrate....
This is my Mom, my cousin Katherine, and me. Katherine lives in Arizona and I think it has been 2 full years or possibly more since I'd seen her! (However with the inception of Facebook, I feel like I've seen her every day for those 2 years!)
This is my cousin Chris and his wife Carol with their son Wes. (Their daughter Tori wasn't there) with my Aunt Norma and Uncle Bill. Aunt Norma is my mom's sister and we have pretty much always had our family gatherings with their family as long as I can remember because my Granny, their mother, passed away when I was 5 or 6. I almost always start to call her Grandma at least once or twice during every gathering!
and this is my cousin Susan (black and white jacket) with her husband Jerry (on the left) and her son Scott (far right) and daughter Katherine with Katherine's brand new fiance', Darren. They just got engaged last week and will get married next April. It was fun to meet him. Even though I am much closer in age to the "grandkids" I am actually of the same generation as Susan. My momma was an oopsie baby and came 17 years after her older siblings!! Oopsie, indeed!
So, there is more than you ever wanted/needed to know about my family but I hardly ever get pictures of this group of people and wanted to get these on here for posterity!
So anyway, after a delicious dinner (where I was proud of my eating!!) we came back home, changed clothes, and headed over to the golf course!! Chris and I played 9 holes of golf because moms play free on Mother's Day! I couldn't remember the last time I'd played! Definitely before Carter was born! It was fun to play again. I really wanted to take my shoes off and frolic in the sand traps and pretend I was on a beach but decided I was a grown up now and should probably refrain. (but I was really craving a Mt. Dew and a bag of Munchos afterwards, Tia!) I shot terribly, only had a handful of shots that felt good all day. But did manage to pull out a par on 2 holes (which just so happened to be the same holes that Chris bogeyed on so I legitimately beat him on 2 holes!! Woo hoo me!)
Anyway, it was a big day and it was tons of fun! I love being a mother so Mother's Day is one of my favorite days ever!
Not how I expected my morning to go
-
So this morning I had to get up early for a doctors appointment but instead
of my alarm I woke up to an incredibly loud IMMINENT THREAT flood warning
and s...

1 comment:
Jealous. I have sworn that this is the year I will take it up again. For reals.
Post a Comment