So my assignment for Sunday was to run 4 miles.
FOUR MILES!
Go ahead and let that sink in for just a second.
I'll wait.
As soon as I heard that on Saturday night, I was immediately a little nervous. The longest I have EVER run is 1 mile and that was only because I was in a high school gym class and the president wanted me to.
(Of course the president also wanted me to be able to do 30 sit ups in a minute which was impossible even back then when I weighed 115 pounds fully clothed!)
Anyway, Chris was also supposed to run 6 miles on Sunday and we thought it would be nice if we could go at the same time but really had no one to watch the kids. It was then that Morgan, my genius child, said we should go to the track and run and the kids could play on the inside of the track. Brilliant!
We loaded up the kids on their bikes and Carter's stroller with all manner of balls and frisbees and water bottles, etc. and headed over on the 1/2 mile walk to the HS track. Carter wasn't too sure at first, but eventually, all 3 kids had their shoes off playing in the long jump sand pit just like they were at the beach!
I set out with the goal to run the whole first mile even though I didn't really think I could do it. But...I did! I was shocked. I didn't even feel like I was going to fall over. After that, my plan was to run 1/2 mile and walk 1/2 mile until the 4th mile when I'd walk it....and that is exactly what I did. Honestly, I think I could have run more in that last mile but I didn't want to kill myself.
All of my hard work is finally paying off! I can tell in my energy level. There is ZERO CHANCE I would have been able to walk 5 miles even 6 months ago, let alone RUN for 2 of those miles!!!!!
Not how I expected my morning to go
-
So this morning I had to get up early for a doctors appointment but instead
of my alarm I woke up to an incredibly loud IMMINENT THREAT flood warning
and s...

2 comments:
whoo hoo!!! Go Molly!
Way to go Molly! That is such an awesome accomplishment. Keep up the hard work and stay the course. You're going to do great!
Post a Comment