Oh my gosh. Monday was the day I was supposed to run. I didn't have to run *far* just *fast*.
It was painful!!
I was supposed to warm up run and then do 5 100 yard sprints, being sure to take the time to fully recover in between each one. I wanted to go in the morning and I can't use the HS track when school is in session (or at least I didn't think I could) so I went over to my mom's house. We put Carter in the stroller and then she and Carter walked slowly along while I would do my sprint and then sprint back to them. I'm not 100% sure I had an accurate 100 yards, but I think I was pretty close.
Mental note for next time: Bring my inhaler!!!
It was tough. I thought cycling would be the hardest part of the triathlon....but now I think it will be the 5K!!! The good news is that if I need to walk it, I can. I know I can finish, I just don't want to embarrass myself!!!
Not how I expected my morning to go
-
So this morning I had to get up early for a doctors appointment but instead
of my alarm I woke up to an incredibly loud IMMINENT THREAT flood warning
and s...

2 comments:
Hey Molly, just checked your blog... I did the Valpo Tri a few years ago and it was a LOT of fun. You'll be fine in 11 weeks, I'd just suggest a few weeks into it to start training at least two events back to back (swim then run, bike then run... etc). It's a whole different ball game when you jump off a bike after what... 15?... miles and run 5K than it is just to run 5K - your muscles will be like, "wait a minute, I thought we were biking" and you'll feel like a shaky little colt trying to stand for the first time.
But you can do it! Make your goal to finish with your best effort and you will be greatly rewarded! Good luck!
Thanks for the tips! I gladly accept and need all the tips I can get!
I have a trainer helping me and he's already told me we'll start doing those "BRICKS" soon. I must say I'm looking forward to it. (Although it might be a different story afterwards! HA!)
Post a Comment