Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Potpourri

Everytime there is a category on Jeopardy where they put all the leftover stuff, they call it Potpourri, so this entry is my Potpourri entry....

The first thing is scary stuff....There was a plane crash at the Madrid Airport yesterday exactly 2 weeks to the day after we flew into and out of the Madrid Airport! I recognize everything on the footage. It was quite a shock to my system to see it.



Next, my Dad is now thinking he'll be having 3 stents put in instead of triple bypass surgery. Still scary but not QUITE as scary as open heart surgery. The cardiologist left the decision up to him. I thought that was strange, if you need a surgery, don't doctors usually tell you what to do? Anyway, Dad is a self-proclaimed "wuss" and therefore doesn't want to deal with surgery. Its fine with me as long as the stents make him live as long as the surgery would. I'm really stressing over all of this so I'm taking my mom and husband's advice and letting him make his own decision like a big boy and not taking it all on myself to make the decision for him. Otherwise, I will feel guilty if there is a bad outcome in either situation! So, thanks sooo much for those of you who have let me know you're praying for him! It means A TON! Keep at it! :)

Next, Carter woke up from his nap yesterday with a SCARY high fever. It was 102.6 under his arm (which I've always been told is sometimes as much as an entire degree lower than what it really is) and he was breathing really fast and strange and his little heart was beating 90 miles an hour. I took him to the doctor and they said it was just a virus, keep him hydrated. So, I've been doing that. He doesn't want to sleep which is making for a long day, especially since Morgan is home sick....which leads me into my next story....

Last night, about 11:30pm, Chris and I were in bed watching the Olympics when Morgan came in crying and saying she felt sick. I felt her head and she, too, was burning up. I went down to get her some Tylenol and came back up, before she could get it down, she was up running to the bathroom where she didn't quite make the toilet and threw up everywhere. Poor baby was so sick and moaning like I do when I'm throwing up so I felt her pain! She had just gotten a new lunchbox yesterday and we had packed her lunch for today and as she was throwing up, she looks at me all concerned and says "now I can't go to school and eat my lunchbox lunch!!!!!" To make matters worse, she did end up waking up feeling fine and begged to go to school, so I let her. The school called at about 8:45 saying she needed to come home...she was in tears because now not only could she not eat her lunchbox lunch, but she was the class "Kid of the Day" today which she has been looking forward to every single day since school started!!!!!!!!! I told her I promised I'd ask her teacher if she could make her day up tomorrow or Monday. She also starts cheerleading lessons tonight and is distraught that she might not get to go. I might let her, though, because as long as the Tylenol is in her system, she acts fine. I'm having to keep her from running and jumping around the house. I suppose Emma will be next!

Emma has her preschool open house tonight which is always fun. I think she and I will go and leave the sickos home with their Daddy!!!

In other really exciting news, I got my ENTIRE SERIES DVDs of Gilmore Girls today!!!! Chris ordered it for me because I said in January when we started weight watchers that when I got to 40 pounds (half way to my goal of 80 pounds total) that I wanted that so I could watch them on the portable DVD player while I walk on the treadmill! So...I am SO excited they're here! Its the first time I've ever bought DVDs of a TV series...other than season 1 and 2 of Friends used from Amazon.com.

Just because I didn't have any pictures to post on this post, here are all 3 kids in their 1 month pictures! Aren't they cuties?!?!?!?!?

1 comment:

The Schnicks said...

I heard about that crash today and didn't even put it together that it was where you flew to. Duh! I'm glad you weren't anywhere near there! I hope that your Dad does well with the stents and they are effective for him! Hayden had a fever of 104.1 last Friday with a very sore throat. I took him to the MedQuick place and they said it was just a virus. He puked while we were there and then said he felt better. He still had a fever the next day, but after that it was gone. My point to all of that is...I hope Morgan's yuckies go away quickly! :)