I love my husband. He is so awesome. Just when I think he can't be any more awesome than he already is, he does something like he did this weekend. He has a 3 day weekend after working for 2 of the roughest months in the financial industry in a very long time, you'd think he'd spend the entire time sitting in front of the TV or sleeping or golfing....not my awesome man, he offers to REPAINT THE KITCHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our kitchen was the 2nd to last room in our home that had not been redone and the people who lived here before us had a thing for wallpaper. I think they would have wallpapered the outside of the house if they didn't think it would fall off in the rain. EVERY. SINGLE. ROOM. in this house had wallpaper in it.....not just any wallpaper either, awful, horrible, tacky wallpaper. The living room used to be big cream colored maps of islands and waterways and stuff with lighthouse border.....ick. The playroom was a dining room and had the kind of huge floral print wallpaper that has shimmery stuff in it that makes it look like the flowers are following you....ick. The downstairs bathroom was a hideous green color with big diamonds of burgundy and gold....ick. The girls' room was fish. Not cute fish. Not pretty little fish. Like, actual lifelike looking fish.....can I get an ick?. The list goes on and on. Anyway, as Chris began to tear away the hideous kitchen wallpaper, he discovered a new level to their wallpaper fetish. FOUR LAYERS OF WALLPAPER, each more hideous than the last, covered these walls. Here is the kitchen in progress of tearing down wallpaper (thank heavens for my very good friend Amy Chamberlain's wallpaper steamer that I borrowed in 2003 but never gave back.....I've offered many times and she keeps telling me to just hang on to it until she needs it again....its a good thing, we've used it about 8 times now...thanks Amy!)


Here it is now 24 hours later.....WOWSA!!!!!!!!! I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!!! My dishes have apples on them and therefore, over the last 10 years, I've inherited/purchased/been given a lot of apple paraphernelia....we were going for a burgundy color, but this was actually called "An Apple A Day" but I don't think it looks apple-y red....a nice deep brownish red, maybe. Anyway, I like how it looks against the cabinets. This is after 2 coats, and some areas will need 3 (its also still taped with blue painters tape.....its a bold color choice, but its not THAT bold with blue trim! HA!)


In other news, we (and by we, I mean me) had a successful Weight Watchers weigh in. Chris was not UNsuccessful, but just not quite as successful as I was this particular time. After that, we ran a few errands and had lunch at Puerto Vallarta. We came home and Chris decided to wash the vehicles....the girls were all about that! Cheap labor!



Today (Sunday) we headed to church with our cousin Abby (well, Chris' cousin but I claim her as my own) and then went to see her new college rental house with 4 other girls. It was SO cute. I have never seen such a cute, clean, well decorated college house in my life. Compared to this, I lived in squallor while living off-campus! After that, we headed to Connersville for one last swim in Chris' parents pool before they closed it down for the summer. Morgan has really turned into quite the swimmer in the last few weeks.

Emma is still a little leary...she is also wearing a life jacket, swimmies on her legs, and standing on a stool (just kidding)

Our niece Hannah!
Carter was napping inside so there are no pictures of him this time.
Tomorrow is Labor Day and I think we're going to hang out and finish the kitchen, clean it really well and get it all put back together. I can't wait to see what it looks like all organized! We might also get together with the Arnett's which used to be our usual weekend activity but we haven't been able to as much lately since Clay has a lot more gigs with his band! (boo!)
2 comments:
oh my....I hope I don't encounter that situation when I start our kitchen! I did the kitchen in our last house and luckily it only had one layer, but that was enough, wallpaper sucks! I like the color you chose, we think we might do a tealish color for ours, but not decision yet, it will be a few months I think. My last kitchen color was kind of rusty red, and I stenciled a verse on the wall, next time I will cheat and buy the sticky preprinted stuff!
Oh I love the color! Good choice!
Post a Comment