Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Good news/Bad news

First the bad news, just so I can get it out of the way....I took my Dad to have a cardiac catheterization done on Thursday....both of us thinking it was just a formality and that he was probably totally fine. We were shocked to find out he needs to have triple bypass open heart surgery. It was a pretty big shock. His mother was exactly his age (69) when she had her first open heart surgery as well. It really runs in his family. Not fun. On the bright side, at least they CAN fix it....God has made modern medicine able to prolong his life where 20 years ago they couldn't have. Anyway, if you're reading this, please keep him in your prayers...the next few weeks/months are going to be rather nutty around here!

In more fun news.........I have some cute pictures I've been meaning to put on here this week but haven't yet....
Here is Morgan "practicing" her piano. She will start lessons soon...right now all she knows is her C-scale. She even does it with the correct fingers! Carter likes listening to her play!

A close up of Carter listening to Morgan.......he is now a big ham.....when I get the camera out he smiles and laughs. So cute.

Emma was hanging out in the chaise listening to Morgan......

Carter LOVES Bingo.....he is enthralled by him. If he's crying and you want a surefire way to make him stop, call Bingo over. Now that he's mobile, Bingo is fair game if he is in the room. What you can't tell is that Carter was yanking on his ears, sticking his fingers in his eyes, nose, ears, etc. Poor Bingo just laid there and took it!

We had a big weekend and I have a lot more pictures, but Big Brother is on and I'm really tired........more to come.........

1 comment:

The Schnicks said...

Hey there...please keep us posted on how your dad is doing. I will be keeping him in my prayers! That is a scary thing to go through, but also so common these days. Somehow it doesn't seem as routine when it is happening to you. I will pray that God holds him safely in His hands!

Love to you all!
Lee