This week was a busy week. Emma started preschool...here she is on her first day back.
Anyway, Emma's new teacher is my childhood friend, Julie (McNary) Marshall. I went to Kindergarten at Albany Elementary with her sister, Jill. (coincidentally, meeting her in Kindergarten at Albany when I was 5 days past the cut off and wasn't allowed to go to Kindergarten at my own school so my mom sent me to a different school!! Sound familiar?!) Julie is just awesome and I know Emma will have a great time. Also, she'll get to be in Kindergarten next year with Emilee Smith and Kamryn Williams who are both great little girls from even greater families. I know they'll be good friends.
Carter is still in speech therapy and is making huge strides. He started out with only 1 or 2 words (Mommy and ball when he felt like it) He is already up to almost 50 words! It is so fun listening to him say more things. Yesterday, he was "singing" while I was changing his diaper. It kind of sounded like Itsy Bitsy Spider, but I wasn't positive. Soon, he was doing the motions to the Itsy Bitsy Spider. It took a little investigating, but I finally figured out that my mom had taught it to him. He is a sponge!
Morgan is loving 2nd grade but has had a rough week this week. First, she went potty in her pants at school. She is still afraid of the automatic flushing toilets. We're trying all we know to help her work through this while also not giving her too much attention over it. Tough balance to strike. Then, for 2 days she would get off the bus and run into the house and straight to the bathroom. So, I finally got her to admit she was holding her pee all day long. I explained to her that that wasn't healthy and could make her get a bladder infection and have to go to the doctor and get a shot. (gasp!) So, the next day, I get a phone call from the nurse in the middle of the day telling me my child is in the office in hysterics because she needs to use the manual flushing toilet that the nurse has. *sigh* We were already to work on it on Thursday when she came down with a fever on Wednesday night. She has had a fever of between 103 and 104 for 4 days now as I type this on Sunday. The doctor did an influenza test and said it was negative. So, it is just a virus and may last 5-7 days. She has thrown up 3 times and even with constant Tylenol and ibuprofen, can't get the fever down below about 102. Hopefully I will have a better report on her in my next post.

No comments:
Post a Comment