Well, my babies are a little bit better....of course, just when I think they are on the mend, one of them spikes a fever or throws up. Last night was a long night. Carter woke up around 10:30pm last night with the chills. I was actually already asleep and got up and brought him downstairs to take some Tylenol. When I took him back up, he was shivering so badly that for a second, I was afraid he was having a seizure. First, I changed his shirt because it was a little damp from his sweat. So, I got him in a dry shirt and then sat down in the rocking chair and covered him up with a quilt my Aunt Norma made for him when he was born. I held him as tight as I could and rubbed him everywhere trying to warm him up. I kept rocking until he fell asleep and stopped shivering. So, I layed him down and went back to bed. Emma was in my room around 11 and then again at 1. At 2:30, I told her to just sleep on our white chaise lounge in our room. She woke up again at 4:30 and was awake every time I opened my eyes from then until 5:30 when Carter woke up. I brought him down and he started throwing up. I didn't want him to get dehydrated, so I kept giving him more to drink hoping he was going to eventually stop throwing it up and hold it down. Emma layed in our bed all. day. long. The highest fever I took on her was 104.2. She was miserable!
Tomorrow should be interesting. Not only do I have 2 sick kids at home, we also have a friend coming over who is going to adopt Matty. We tried and tried and tried but Emma and Carter are literally terrified of him. At some point, I have to choose my kids mental health over my desire to have a dog. It will be sad, but I think it is the best decision for our family.
However, I'm really going to miss this face.....
1 comment:
You are doing the right thing. It is sad, but you are!
Post a Comment