I've had a cold for about 2 weeks now, but I really thought it was gone until it got worse (or came back?) last week after spending the day at the hospital with my Dad. Anyway, last night as I was laying down to bed, I told Chris I knew I had an ear infection because my ears were kind of hurting a little. Well, at 2am that turned into unbridled pain like I have never experienced. Seriously, worse than childbirth (granted, I had 3 c-sections, but none of them made me cry due to pain!) I thought I was going to lose my everloving mind. There was NOTHING I could do to make the pain better. I can't remember the last time that I cried due to pain, but cry I did. And rock back and forth like a crazy person. I wanted to stick something in my ears to relieve the pressure. I honestly considered going to the ER to get something to make the pain stop. I remembered once when a pediatrician told me she gave her kids something she called "liquid gold" to make their ears feel better when they had an ear infection....and I knew I wanted it! I finally somehow willed myself to fall back asleep (after having Chris get me ibuprofen) and called the doctor as soon as I woke up (which was challenging since I had lost my voice as well) I went in and my doctor said I had the worst ear infection in an adult that he had ever seen. Yeah, great. (my prize was a $90 doctor bill, I guess) He then gave me a Rocephin shot in the hip which I guess is like getting a week's worth of antibiotics in one dose, then he gave me some oral antibiotics, and....my new favorite thing pictured below.
Ear numbing drops. Sweet nectar of anesthetic goodness. Finally a tiny bit of relief. I still have the intense pressure but the stabbing pain is quite a bit less. Luckily, my kids are being amazingly wonderful today. It usually seems that the worse I feel, the worse they act but today, I am not taking for granted how awesome they are being. Carter took a 2 1/2 hour nap and minus just a couple of custody battles over a doll, the girls are getting along uncharacteristically well! (knock on wood!)


1 comment:
Oh Molly, that stinks! I hope that you are on your way to feeling better. No one should be sick on Christmas. Feel better friend!!!
Post a Comment