Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sickies....

That is sickIEs...not sickOs...just for clarification. More on that in a minute...

Our weekend started on Friday night with Morgan's new friend Anna riding the bus home with her from school and playing. The original plan was then she would go with Morgan to her school's Movie Night but her parents decided she wasn't going, so instead we just took her home on our way (She only lives 2 streets over in our same neighborhood) We dropped Morgan off at Movie Night (to see Wall-E which she loved!!) and then went to eat at Puerto Vallarta. We went back to pick her up and it was so cute because a different group sponsors movie night every month and this month it was the high school basketball team. Well, the principal's son is on the basketball team so he had talked it all up and you'd have thought that Michael Jordan himself was coming to sponsor movie night. These kids were convinced these boys were celebrities! They even stood in line to get their autographs on posters!! Anyway, Morgan is walking around getting "autographs" while I'm waiting in the hall watching her. I notice she goes up and is talking to a guy I went to High School with (Judd Moulton). I know she doesn't know Judd so I was confused for about a second and a half until I remembered that he was the high school boy's basketball COACH! I cracked up. I walked up to tell him to be nice to my kid and he cracked up too. He thought I'd put her up to coming up and asking him for his autograph.

Saturday, we got up (and I did my Couch to 5K running assignment that I had missed the day before due to our extra child!) and Abby came over to "observe" the kids for a class project. In return for us letting her do that, she told us to go out. So, us being the wild and crazy kids that we are, spent our almost 3 kid-free hours going to the grocery!!! Woo! Jump back! Anyway, we also managed a lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. It was yummy! Afterwards, my mom came to get Morgan to take her to the BSU Basketball game which she loved. Carter was a mess all day....so cranky and practically inconsolable. I started feeling a little nauseated around 5pm so my fabulous husband fixed us all a wonderful dinner. We went to bed.......only to be awakened at 1 am on...

Sunday! Morgan came in about 1am saying that her tummy hurt really bad. As I always do, I told her to go get a drink and use the bathroom and go lay back down. I realized she'd been in the bathroom about 20 minutes when I got up to go check on her. She was laying on the floor with her head on a towel. I got her out of the bathroom and back to sleep with her blankets on our floor where she slept great until about 7:30 am at which time she got up and threw up (in the toilet much to our delight) And the day went downhill from there.....Carter, who was now feeling fine and probably had what Morgan had the day before in his fuss-fest, was very active. I felt sick too and Chris thought he did when he first got up but was better later. So, our day was pretty much just laying around all day...no church, no nothing. Morgan is still pretty puny laying on Daddy's lap right now as I type this.

In other news, my dear friend Olivia had a horrible tragedy this weekend. She got a phone call around midnight on Friday night that they had found her younger brother unconscious and he was at the hospital. They quickly learned he was brain dead and most likely would never have any brain function. She and her parents had to make the gut wrenching decision to remove his life support last night (Saturday) Please pray for her and her family and for her brother, Zach's, almost 3 year old son, Noah. It is a horrible horrible sad tragedy.

Well...I have pictures to post but the laptop is acting up and its bath time. They'll have to wait till later!

1 comment:

Mike & Biz said...

I'm so sorry you guys are sick! But I have to tell you that I just told Mike yesterday that I hope the Day kids are healthy for Thanksgiving this year!! Mostly for your sake, but also for our sake too. :) Hope you're all better and we can have a great few days in STL! xoxo