Once again our house is filled with sickness. Last week on Thursday morning at about 5am, Morgan came into my room saying she thought she was going to throw up. That is almost always code for her having a fever. Sure enough, she was really hot so I gave her some Tylenol and let her sleep on the chaise in our room. By 7:30 when it was time to go to school, she was running around like she felt completely normal. She then started begging me to go to school because she was student of the day and also because she got to be a slave in the Underground Railroad re-enactment game that the whole 2nd grade was participating in that day. (Isn't it every kids' dream to be a slave in the Underground Railroad?!) Anyway, I knew I shouldn't but I let her go. I figured I'd get a phone call around noon to come pick her up but I didn't! When she got off the bus, though, she came inside and asked if she could put her jammies on (at 2:30pm) So, needless to say, she pretty much layed around all night long. Friday morning, she came in around 2am and said she was hot again. So, I kept her home that day. She acted like she felt pretty OK most of the day but really got back to normal around noon or so.
Saturday, we all went to a carnival at church. It was really cute and the kids loved it. Sunday morning, we were planning to go to church but woke up to find Carter feeling rather warm. I didn't think too much of it until lunch time when he ate about 3 bites of lunch and then got up and sat down in the living room. When I looked in to check on him, he was nearly asleep in the chair by himself. I gave him some ibuprofen and layed home down for a nap. He continued to be pretty miserable all day but right before bed, he was acting pretty active and normal.
Just now, he woke up ON FIRE! I really would've guessed his temp had to be close to 103. I was afraid it could be higher though so even though I rarely take my kids temperature (because I figure what does it matter what the number is? If they have a fever, they have a fever...I'm giving them Tylenol or ibuprofen anyway) I wrestled him down to let me take it. I was afraid it could be nearing 104 or 105 which is too high and I would take him to the doctor for that. I have never seen that thermometer shoot up so quickly. It usually goes like 1 tenth of a degree at a time really slowly but it was skipping over entire degrees. It finally slowed down at around 102.4 which told me that it was at least not higher than 103. (Wow, is this a riveting post or what? Should I discuss his bowel habits while I'm here too?) So anyway, sickness has arrived at the Day house after a nice long hiatus.
It can go away again!
Not how I expected my morning to go
-
So this morning I had to get up early for a doctors appointment but instead
of my alarm I woke up to an incredibly loud IMMINENT THREAT flood warning
and s...

No comments:
Post a Comment