Day 1 of what, you ask? Day 1 of my new "training regimen." I've been asked to be a guinea pig for a friend of mine and her husband who are in the beginning stages of a new business. I wish I could explain the whole thing better than I am about to, because it sounds super cool, but I will explain it like this: Mark Victor Hansen (the guy who compiled the Chicken Soup for the Soul books) had some sort of business model book and invited people from all over the country to send in proposals for businesses that they wanted to start. My friend August and her husband Jason were selected as one of only 10 (I think?) to take part in his project where they would use his business plan and after a certain amount of time, they would donate 20% of their profits to a charity. After the project's initial time period was over, they would be discussed in his next book about his business plan. (did I mention I wish I could explain this better?) August & Jason named their business Fit Momz, Fit Kidz. They created an exercise DVD that is for mothers to do with their babies & kids. The DVD is really cute and my kids actually enjoy doing it with me. (and it is a WORK OUT!) Anyway, they decided when their project was over, they wanted to keep going with this concept and expand it to be a whole internet workout and nutrition program. I'm so excited to see them building this from the ground up. I really think it is going to be an amazing resource for women who want to get into shape and become healthy examples for their children by involving them in the process!
So a few weeks ago, August asked me if I'd like to be the first "full" member of the website where I'd be able to access all of the resources of the website including Jason's one-on-one consultations and the ability to have meal plans and shopping lists at the click of a button, etc. As well as the ability to take part in discussions on message boards with other people who would be doing the same thing. In return for that, I will follow everything Jason tells me to do and then blog about it so people can follow my progress. (I took before photos and everything! ACK!) So, I thought I'd put my blog entries on here for now, at least until their new website is up and operating when I'll put my entries on there.
So, there is the (really long) explanation for the blog entries you will start seeing later today.
Not how I expected my morning to go
-
So this morning I had to get up early for a doctors appointment but instead
of my alarm I woke up to an incredibly loud IMMINENT THREAT flood warning
and s...

1 comment:
sounds like a good plan! i'm jealous and proud of you. I hope it works and I hope to hear some good tips ;)
Post a Comment