Well, I did not receive a phone call last night so this morning, I sent a note with Morgan that just said "Nancy, please call me at your earliest convenience" and listed my phone numbers. Sure enough, she called very soon after dropping off the kids at school.
She was nothing but friendly and caring. Honestly, I can not complain about the result at all. I felt like I was heard and acknowledged and that Morgan's feelings were of value to her and that is all that I can ever ask for. She admitted that she had said some things to Morgan in frustration and realized that those things could have upset a sensitive 7 year old. She also explained to me that her frustration stemmed from Morgan taking too long getting on and off the bus because of the ice which I totally understood, acknowledged, and apologized for. She also let me know that Morgan had not told her about the older kids making fun of her and that she would tell Morgan herself to be sure to let her know if that happened again in the future because she doesn't want any kids on her bus being bothered by other kids.
I can only pray all interactions with authority figures throughout my children's lives go as smoothly as this one! (especially if we have no more problems from here on out!!)
Go team!!
Not how I expected my morning to go
-
So this morning I had to get up early for a doctors appointment but instead
of my alarm I woke up to an incredibly loud IMMINENT THREAT flood warning
and s...

1 comment:
amen...glad that things seem to have been resolved...get Nancy on your team for Morgan, help her to see it through the child's eyes...good job of handling it mom!
Post a Comment