Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Friday, January 1, 2010

A Year In Review

Buckle in for the traditional year-in-pictures post!!

These are some of my very favorite pictures from throughout the year.

New Year's Day 2009, Carter's first steps! (and Papa enticing him with poker chips)



January 2009, Carter was hospitalized due to dehydration.  We spent the night in the ER and the next day upstairs on the pediatrics ward.  Once he got some IV fluids, he bounced right back!
 


We watched history as our first black president was inaugurated.
 

January of 2009 also brought us quite a few snow days...and quite a bit of snow!
 


In February, we got to redo the sunroom thanks to FREE furniture from Mom Swank and her friend Vicki.
 

For Spring Break in March, we took a few days to get away to Great Wolf Lodge.  We had a lot of fun (but didn't get much sleep thanks to a certain almost 18 month old!)
 

In April, Carter got tubes in his ears after many many many ear infections that never seemed to go away.  He did great and and was up and running around in a few hours.  When they brought him in after surgery, he made his Grandma's day by asking to go to her instead of Mommy or Daddy!

 

We celebrated Easter with these 3 Easter angels!

 
On May 5, we lost our first born, Bingo.  He was our baby long before we had babies.  Life is definitely not the same without him and I miss him every single day.

 

Also in May, Emma "graduated" from preschool...however, since she wasn't allowed to go to Kindergarten in August, she gets to "graduate" again in 2010!  (For real this time!)

 

As soon as school was out in May, Emma got to have her own surgery.  She had her tonsils and adenoids removed.  She, too, did amazing.  Her recovery was quite a bit longer than Carter's was after just tubes but it turned out to be very worth it.  She feels better, is sick way less, and has gained about 10 pounds and 3 clothing sizes in 6 months!

 

In June, we finally got to meet Miss Anabelle Mack!  We'd been kept away for various sicknesses for weeks and weeks!

 

We attended our annual Edward Jones Regional Meetings in June and stayed at the Indianapolis Hyatt Hotel.  It was beautiful and the kids had a great time! (so did we!)

 

With her birthday money, Morgan decided she wanted to buy a hamster.  (Side note: as of January 1, 2010, "Yorkie" is still alive and well!!)

 
After the loss of Bingo in May, we decided to try again with a puppy in July!  We found a rescue and adopted "Matty"  He was very sick for the first few days and we honestly did not believe he would survive.  He did and went on to scare Emma out of her wits on a daily basis.

 
In August, Emma turned FIVE!  I don't know where all of these old children are coming from!!!

 
Exactly one week after Emma's birthday, Daddy turned 35.  We had cake and ice cream for him the night before because the next day on his actual birthday was Morgan's first day of school!

 

August 11, 2009....Morgan waiting on the school bus on her first day of second grade with the other neighborhood kids:  Molly Crosby, kindergarten, Hannah Crosby, preschool, and Ashley Stuffel, 1st grade.

 
After Morgan headed off to school, newly retired Grandma Swank and Mommy took Carter & Emma to Minnetrista to try to get some good pictures.  I'd say we got several good ones!  Here are 2 of my favorites...

 






At Yorktown, the school pictures are taken at registration before school starts, so they receive their first school pictures in August!  Here is my OLD 7 year old second grader!

 
For my birthday in September, Chris repainted and redecorated the only 2 rooms in the house that had never been redone in the 7 years we've lived here....our master bed and master bath rooms.  They turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!!

 

Emma (re)started Preschool on September 8.  We are thankful she gets to go there one more year and have my childhood friend, Julie, as a teacher!

 

In September, it became obvious that Matty wasn't going to be as happy as he could be living with us.  His life was spent in the laundry room or outside when Emma was home.  He wasn't out with us enough for us to properly train him and Emma was becoming more and more affected by him.  Thankfully, our friend Kristen and her husband had always wanted a black lab and had just purchased a new home where they would have plenty of room for him.  I am terribly terribly missing having a dog for the first time in my life, but we are enjoying the peace that it brought to Emma.

 

In October, we headed to the BSU Homecoming Football parade and game!  It has become a tradition!  We were joined by our good friend and Chris' former roommate Scott who is also a budding photographer.  He took this photo that I just love.






In late October, Chris & I took a quick 3 day trip to Las Vegas...just the 2 of us.  It was a much needed get away.  I even paid for the trip by working 60 hours at my at home job in September!




In late October, Emma's preschool class took a field trip.  I hadn't gotten to attend one yet so I tagged along and took this picture that shows her gorgeous blue eyes.
 
 For Halloween, I took Charlie Weiss, a frog, a bee, and a movie star to the Arnett's house for trick or treating and then over to Grandma's.  Afterwards, we all came back here for a pizza shaped like a jack o' lantern and more trick or treating!
 

On November 14, my baby boy turned 2!!!!  No more babies in this house....at least until the grandkids arrive! (hopefully no sooner than 20 years!)
 

We also hosted a dinner party in November for our new Mommy and Me couples' dinner club!  I had so much fun hosting 26 people!
 

Our Edward Jones Region that we have been a part of since Chris started back in 2001 is redrawing its lines for 2010 and our Christmas party would be the last one we'd have with the whole group as it is now.  We had an overnight party with dinner and dancing at the Indianapolis Hilton.  It was a lot of fun!  Grandma Swank stayed home with the kids!
 

Christmas 2009 came around again so very fast.  We did our traditional Christmas Eve at Grandma Swank's (even though she had gotten a milder version of the eye plague I had the week before!)  She got this elf outfit to wear for the kids.  I laugh out loud everytime I see her feet.
 

Our family at Grandma Swank's on Christmas Eve.
 

Releasing the captives on Christmas morning!!!
 

Carter was grumpy and wanted to "PLAY GAME!" so Morgan sat him on her lap and I snapped this precious display of sisterly love.  It puts a lump in my throat just looking at it!
 


We had to delay the Campbell Christmas because this guy here....THE Campbell himself, had to have bypass surgery.  We got to see him after he got home and do our own little exchange with him.  Emma went to thank him for her gift and I just thought this picture was so heart warming!
 

So, there you have it.  I'm sure there are more that I'll see later and realize I should have included, but those are most of my favorites from the year for one reason or another.

Our prayer is that 2010 will bring even more joy and happiness to everyone that we love (and even to some that we don't!)

Happy New Year!!

No comments: