Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Your opinions please

From time to time I wake up in the middle of the night unable to sleep and have various thoughts about various things.  The last one put me in a panic at 4am (although at 4am, a baby bunny could put me in a panic) So I need opinions of those who read my blog and/or who blog themselves.

My question is this.....Should I make my blog private? (by which I mean open only to friends/family who I have invited?)  I have toyed with this a few times and I'm really only keeping it as a way to document our crazy lives but I also enjoy knowing that friends and family are reading some posts.  When I had it private before, I wasn't sure anyone was reading it.  I guess I also don't really have an idea of who is reading my blog because every once in a while, someone will tell me that they've seen something on my blog and I had no idea they even knew I had one!

I guess I can blame my dad for my paranoia.  He wouldn't even let me order pizza delivery growing up because he thought the pizza delivery people were just staking out our house so they could come back and rob us later.  I'll never forget once, he wasn't feeling well so he didn't want to drive into town to pick up a pizza and let me & a friend order delivery.  The delivery boy got there and stepped in the front door and says to my dad "Whoa!! Awesome gun case!!"  *sound of record needle screeching* End of pizza delivery.

3 comments:

Tia said...

I have thought about it too. But then I realized that I like the fact that people I don't know are reading. I am just very careful not to put revealing info on here and hope for the best. Is that naive?

Molly said...

I don't know if it is...I think that too but then I look through and realize it wouldn't be too hard to figure out who we are and where are our kids are, etc. I guess I usually lean toward the not trusting side of humanity, which is a sad thing to realize! :(

The Saunders Family said...

I have wavered back and forth too...so I don't have any advice for you. I didn't realize you weren't private anymore...I still read you as often as you post. If you want I can take your bloglist off my sidebar on my blog, if that would make you less stressed at all. :)