Day 2 began rather early. Carter woke up at 6am. I was just pleased he had slept nearly 9 hours in a hotel room! I put him in my bed and he didn't sleep but he did at least sit there quietly and allowed the others to sleep for about another hour. Chris had to be downstairs for meetings at 7:15 so he got up and out early. The rest of us went downstairs for breakfast. In a moment that I can only describe as sheer insanity, I decided I'd take all 3 kids to the pool by myself.
Emma got so brave....she swam all around the pool with her water wings on. Later she asked if she could try without them and I said sure but I was talking to a friend and the next thing I knew, she was going underwater. She was startled but fine and I played it off like it was what she was supposed to do and that she had done great so she wouldn't be scared.
After the pool, we headed upstairs for a Carter nap while the girls and I watched a million and 6 episodes in a row of Wizards of Waverly Place. A cute Disney Channel show but I was ready to be done watching. Chris got done with his meetings a little bit early so we headed over to Circle Center Mall to have lunch at Johnny Rockets.
The waitresses got up to do their dance that they do every 30 minutes or so and my kids wanted to dance too.
For some reason, Carter really liked our waitress and really wanted her to pick him up. Then he would not let her put him down. He insisted that she keep him or he'd throw a fit. I wasn't sure I appreciated it!
After lunch, we went to the Gameworks Studio where we had been given a 2 hour play card. So...we played games for 2 hours.
We played air hockey.

We flew a helicopter with a bare midriff.

Courtney & Jacob flew a helicopter too!!

We played air hockey again! Did I mention it was 2 hours?!?!

After the mall, we went back to the room to get cleaned up and change. Here is Morgan ready for her kids' pizza party.

Carter ready for the pizza party! (although I'm not sure the little little kids actually consumed any pizza)

Just as we were about to leave, Emma fell and hurt herself so she layed here on the floor for a bit.

The Embassy Suite has the glass elevators that go all the way up to the top. The kids seemed to enjoy the elevators!!

Carter enjoying the view!

We tried to take some pictures at the reception before the last night's award dinner but Erika (on the right) broke my camera! Just kidding....she just tried to take a picture of Chris & I with our friends Chris & Marly (of Valencia fame) and put her finger on top of the flash so it wouldn't pop up. While trying to fix it, I took this picture of Erika & Marly (who is pregnant! YAY!)

So we didn't end up with a picture of the 4 of us, but we did get this one of just Chris and I which I thought turned out pretty well.

We flew a helicopter with a bare midriff.
Courtney & Jacob flew a helicopter too!!
We played air hockey again! Did I mention it was 2 hours?!?!
After the mall, we went back to the room to get cleaned up and change. Here is Morgan ready for her kids' pizza party.
Carter ready for the pizza party! (although I'm not sure the little little kids actually consumed any pizza)
Just as we were about to leave, Emma fell and hurt herself so she layed here on the floor for a bit.
The Embassy Suite has the glass elevators that go all the way up to the top. The kids seemed to enjoy the elevators!!
Carter enjoying the view!
We tried to take some pictures at the reception before the last night's award dinner but Erika (on the right) broke my camera! Just kidding....she just tried to take a picture of Chris & I with our friends Chris & Marly (of Valencia fame) and put her finger on top of the flash so it wouldn't pop up. While trying to fix it, I took this picture of Erika & Marly (who is pregnant! YAY!)
So we didn't end up with a picture of the 4 of us, but we did get this one of just Chris and I which I thought turned out pretty well.
Chris won an award and I am so so so proud of him. He is amazing for working so hard so that I can stay home with the kids. I know he has really been stressed lately but I am so proud of the work that he does and how much he genuinely cares for his clients!!!! *end of mushiness*
After the awards dinner, we picked up the kids who were TIRED but still wanted to go swim! (we didn't let them this time since it was already after 10pm) Chris went back down to the hospitality suite for a bit and I put the kids to bed. We got up around 7am and had breakfast and headed home. We were home by 10am. As much as we thought Indianapolis sounded like a bummer of a place for our regional meetings, the 45 minute drive home made it all worth it!
Fun, fun, fun weekend!!!!!!

3 comments:
I'm so glad you guys had a great time! You look absolutely fabulous in your picture with Chris! Love the hair and you look so thin! You work it girl! :) Sounds like a good time was had by all.
glad you enjoyed Indy...Larry was in exciting Muncie for a couple days for the UM Annual Conference...maybe good you were away from the migration of pastors that came into town!
Looks like loads of fun!
Post a Comment