When we got to our hotel, the girls had asked 15 times if we could go to the pool before we even got our keys. We finally got them to chill on the pool talk and we settled into our room. We had about 30 minutes before our first meeting, so Chris started ironing. *scratching record sound*
No, really. He had to iron his pants. He's such a good wife.
The kids, of course, found the remote in the cool little sitting area and made themselves comfortable.
Just chillin'
So, at this point, Morgan yells back "can we watch Phineas and Ferb?" to which I say "well, of course you can, honey" while patting myself on the back for being such a nice mom! It didn't quite occur to us that it was 1:20 and the episode started at the beginning. Shortly thereafter, they yelled back "now can we watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse?" to which we realized that there was no way there was more than one Disney Channel on this TV. That's right, folks, we were buying Pay Per View Disney!!! So, after we took the remote away from Morgan we called to the desk to find out that the 30 minute long Disney Channel show that is free when it is on the 36 times it is on every day cost us $3.99!!!!!!
Here is a picture of the most expensive 30 minutes on television....

It's like he's ironing his pants in heaven.
So, we took the kids to the kid's play room. They always arrange sitters from a local sitter service and thus far, I've always felt comfortable with them. We went to our opening meeting that was for brokers and spouses. Then there was a 45 minute break before the spouse's only meeting so I decided if we wanted to have a chance of making it through dinner, I needed to go get Carter and give him a nap. He actually did take a decent nap of about an hour and a half and I got done just in time to go get the kids. After Chris got out of his meetings, we all headed to the nice buffet Italian dinner. Following dinner, there was a hypnotist. It was quite entertaining! I volunteered to try to get hypnotized. I went up on stage with all these other brokers and spouses and we concentrated on the hypnotist's voice.
It's like he's ironing his pants in heaven.
I have always wanted to get hypnotized so I was eager to try. We started out by sitting, relaxed with our hands on our knees and our feet flat on the floor. Then we closed our eyes and tried listening to the hypnotist. The whole entire time, my mind was racing "how do I look sitting here in front of all these people? Is this working? Am I hypnotized? I don't think this is working. Is this working? Maybe I'm hypnotized and I just don't know it? Has it worked yet? When will it work? Is it working on anyone else? Will he know if it isn't working or will I be stuck here and he'll think I'm hypnotized when I'm really not?" You know, things like that. Here is the whole group getting ready to try it out.
Dean was the first one eliminated. He is our good friend who is another one of the Muncie Financial Advisors. I'm still trying in the background.
Only 3 people were actually able to be hypnotized. One of them was Mike, this guy. Here in this picture, he thought he was Elvis. Priceless.
After dinner, we decided that Chris would take the girls to the pool while I tried to get Carter to sleep.

After the Great Wolf Lodge debacle, we took great measures to ensure sleeping would go better. We were blessed to have a suite with 2 rooms and a door that separated the two. After Chris and the girls left, I got Carter and myself ready for bed. I got his bed all ready, put my phone on vibrate (which for those of you playing along at home was already putting me one step ahead of the aforementioned GWL situation) brushed my teeth, got the girls' toothbrushes pre-pasted and put them on the sink in the front room, got their jammies, towels & clean underwear and sat them out on their hide-a-bed in the front room, pulled the blinds in the back room. Seriously, I thought of everything! Then I put him to bed. He literally went straight to sleep without a peep and slept all night!!!!!!!! I heard the angels singing as I drifted off to sleep!

1 comment:
amen to the 2 room suite!
Post a Comment