Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Friday, July 17, 2009

Vicodin is pretty

That has been the theme this week. I had my surgery on Tuesday. Without going into the gory details, I had an endometrial ablation, D & C, and hysteroscopy. Since Carter was born, I've been having female issues that have caused me to be very cranky and also become anemic because of the major loss of blood. There, that is all I will say. Let me just also say, that in the month of May, there were 4 days that I did not need to use one of those lovely things you see lots of Kotex commericals about!

Vague? Good.

Because sometimes my dad reads this blog.

Anyhoodle, got to the hospital at about 10:30am, changed into the oh-so-lovely gown (seriously, we've put a man on the moon and I can tell my TV that I like to watch Ellen and it figures out on its own to record everything that's kind of like Ellen but we can't figure out how to make a gown that doesn't make me look like I'm the star of happy hour at the Joker's Wild? (insert Southside of Muncie reference here____)

So back to my story....I put on the gown, and answer a million and six questions and get my IV in (which...wow! This nurse was great! Didn't hurt at all!) and then told them all about 15 times how I sure wouldn't mind getting that Versed a little early. "Yes, my birthdate is 9-6-76-and I'm ready for my Versed now." Seriously, the nurse wrote on the top of my chart "PATIENT=ANXIOUS....REQUESTS SEDATION ASAP"

I love that. I'm going to start using that..."MOLLY=IRRITATED" or "MOLLY=HAPPY" and then stick it on my shirt so people know how best to approach me.

Where was I? Oh yeah...turns out, my doctor was running a little ahead of schedule, so they went ahead and brought me my Versed pretty quickly. It also took effect pretty quickly. Chris said that I said "wowsa, that works fast!" and then "look at all the pretty colors!!" He said I was just joking, but I don't even remember saying it! I guess the anesthesiologist thought it was funny. They took me back into the operating room, which I don't remember getting there. When I got there, I remember it being cold and I'm sure I vocalized that point since it seems like Versed could also be named "the drug that takes away the filter from your brain to your mouth" and I was verbalizing every thought that ran through my head. They had me move to another table, which I remember. Then they asked me to breathe through the oxygen mask. The next thing I remember was someone saying "Mooooolllly.....Mollllllyyyyyy" and I woke up in a different room. The nurse said "you're all done!" and I immediately asked "what time is it?!" She said "it's 1:00" and I was just shocked because I thought I'd been out for 30 seconds, and really..it had been an hour and 15 minutes!

Anyway, the rest of the day, I was kind of groggy..but really had no pain at all. I went to my mom's to rest because we all thought I'd have a better chance of sleeping there than at my own house.

Been a little crampy, but really nothing that a little Vicodin can't take care of!!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is the funniest account of major surgery I've ever read.

Tia said...

So glad things went well. I wasnt aware you were getting a hysterectomy. Wowza! Take care of yourself!!

The Schnicks said...

I always love reading your stuff. You could make the most boring procedure sound funny and interesting. The better thing is that I can totally imagine you doing and saying all of that. I am very glad that everything went well for you and you are recovering so nicely!

Jen said...

Hope you're feeling better soon... and CUTE CUTE CUTE puppy!